Results: Which backlink would you rather have? 

Voters
15 You may not vote on this poll

• One on a dedicated PR4 page (w/ textlink, description and image of your site)
    15  100.00%
  • A PR5 backlink with several other textlinks located on it.
    0%
  1. .
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Link trading- How to make my site an attractive candidate

Hello y'all..
    I'm trying to keep my link exchange partners happy. However, it has proven to be a lot of work, so i'm planning to change things around....

Originally, i have a subpage (PR5) dedicated to backlinks. I would then create another webpage off of that subpage... and dedicate that webpage solely to that new website.

So that new sub-subpage (PR4 now), will have an image of that site, anchor text, plus a short description.

As you can see, that is a lot of work. i'm thinking of just putting anchor texts and url on that PR5 subpage. The drawback is that it the page may eventually be crowded (50+ textlinks) on it.

So... what do you guys prefer and why?
    a) A dedicated PR4 page just for you.
    b) A PR5 textlink... but with other textlinks located on that same page.. possibly up to 50 links or so...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If your PR5 pages has more than 50 links, I bet the page description of each web site is not very likely to have a PR4 unless you have a very very strong site.

Personally I tend to be less and less interested with such link pages. I don't even have to exchange links to get in similar pages pages (there are enough directories that are doing it for free).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

PR isn't everything you know. Are you just trying to get more people to link to you?
  7. .

Yes, the purpose of my 'resources' link page is so that people would trade links with me. Of course.. PR isn't everything...relavence is important too.

Why else would you trade links with people? I thought it was to get people to link to me... afteral, isn't that the definition of 'Trade'?
  9. Contributing User

You're not going to be able to set up 50 pr4 pages, one for each link partner. I don't think you have enough page rank to float 50 pr4's.

50 links on one page is too much though, 15-20 is acceptable. You could set up say 3 different categories for your link pages and put up to 20 links on each page.

Link Page 1 - Information Resources

Link Page 2 - Commerce Resources

Link Page 3 - Our Partners In Success
  11. ;-)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Do both...

List them on the PR5 page.... with a direct link plus a more information link to a deadicated page for that partner..

True this will double the back your partner get but it will keep them happy...

Plus you can then suggest to the parnters if there would add additional link... ?

just an idea
  13. rubik's cube - 34 secs
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

With G only visually updating the toolbar every few months, how could you state a dedicated PR4 page to link partners anyway?
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

All I care about is traffic. A ad with atextlink, description and image of my site would get more click throughs than a single text link.

I rather have a PR0 page that brings a visitor a day than a PR5 page that doesn't bring any visitors at all.

Comments on this post

• agrees : Yes