Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Latest Google Updates

This thread for Googles latest updates, whether it's Panda, Penguin or any other animal.

As we all know Panda updates the end of Sept. 2014 and not it's the waiting game for the Penguin update where word on the boulevard is it's going to happen this month...October of 2014, if not perhaps Nov of 2014.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I think google just released a penguin update.

So far this morning, I recovered two websites to first page. They were hit hard last year, october 2013.

Anyone also noticing SERPS fluctuation?
  5. No Profile Picture

Moz provides a pretty lengthy algorithm history. Hope this is what you are looking for.

Google Algorithm Change History - Moz
  7. No Profile Picture

Mobile friendly algorithm has been updated now and rolling on....And google provide last date to convert all site into mobile friendly
  9. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Well, the mobile friendly algorithm update has been announced, but it has not been updated yet. It rolls out on April 21st. We have a dedicated thread for it, too, if you're looking to speculate what kind of impact it might have: Mobile or Not Here we Come.

I think there will be more activity in it once folks have had some time to observe the effect, though
  11. Not An Expert

"Phantom II" or "The Quality Update" is the latest, I think? Here's our thread: Google Phantom Update: Were You Effected?

The Panda/Penguin rumor mill is spin-spin-spinning away - we're watching that here: Google is working on updating the data for Panda and Penguin and wants it done faster
  13. No Profile Picture

Where can you get these information? Seems helpful for the daily seo works.
  15. No Profile Picture

Google Panda 4.2 is here now. I found two of my websites traffic gone down suddenly. What will be the best way to check whether its because of Panda 4.2 .

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : Thanks for posting this here - hadn't seen it yet.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Raghav2012
    Google Panda 4.2 is here now. I found two of my websites traffic gone down suddenly. What will be the best way to check whether its because of Panda 4.2 .
    Odd that it dropped so suddenly since the update is supposed to roll out over the course of "months." The way I see it: if your content is a risk factor, you need to change it whether you've been hit or not.
  19. Not An Expert

Originally Posted by abby01
    Where can you get these information? Seems helpful for the daily seo works.
    Mainly when I find out about stuff like this, it's through the trade sites like Search Engine Land, Search Engine Roundtable, etc. I don't believe there's been an official blog post about it yet, but Google makes announcements on their own webmaster blog. And whenever I hear about something I try to post about it on SEO Chat, so you can use us as a source too.

Here's our Panda thread, if you want to talk about that!

Edited to add: we have a thread about "SEO news/blog resources" here that I just remembered - SEO Learning Sites you can't live without

Comments on this post

• akhlakahmad agrees
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Adam.W
    Odd that it dropped so suddenly since the update is supposed to roll out over the course of "months." The way I see it: if your content is a risk factor, you need to change it whether you've been hit or not.
    As far my websites are concerned they are not having any irrelevant content. I just want to know that this sudden drop is due to google update or any server down issue may be. I had also checked ranking for my keywords and those are still same no sudden change is their.
    Is there any other way to confirm that this is not due to google update??
  23. Not An Expert

I haven't been as diligent as I should have in keeping this thread up to date. Scratching the top of my head, here's some of the latest news I can think of:

RankBrain is big news. We have a discussion thread with news/updates/wisdom here.

Google released its Search Quality Rater's guidebook a few days ago. We have a discussion thread for it here. And, if you just want to get right to the guidebook, you can find that here.
  25. Not An Expert

Lots of movement lately.

1. Panda is Now Baked into Google's Core Ranking Algorithm - this story is about two updates. First, a core ranking algorithm change. Second, and totally separately, Panda added to the core algorithm.
    2. There also may have been another core ranking algorithm change on the 17th/18th of January. Gary Illyes seems to have confirmed it on Twitter, and there are some news stories circulating that call it a core update.
    3. Google is planning a Penguin update by the end of Q1 2016 and says it's "weeks away." Well, they said that back in January anyway.

That's about all I can think of for now.
  27. Contributing User

Originally Posted by markroberts
    Lots of movement lately.

3. Google is planning a Penguin update by the end of Q1 2016 and says it's "weeks away." Well, they said that back in January anyway.

That's about all I can think of for now.
    Thanks for the info Mark!
  29. Not An Expert

****, I made a mistake above. I have no idea if Penguin will actually be made "core" or not. All that has been said is that they plan on an update and that they want to make it real time.

Sorry! My bad. I've edited the above posts to reflect that.
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page: