1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Keywords for dating site

I have new dating site a few months old and still developing design of it. I recently started blogging and I want to change my meta title and description of the home page. I am research some keyword ideas but competition high and I want to find easy to rank keywords I was wondering if anyone can give me some ideas. My targeted countries are US, and UK mainly. Also so far I have a few hundreds members.
  3. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

We discussed something similar two days ago: Keyword Research Dilemma
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hi,

I think you should target local area keywords.
    Dating is a highly competitive niche. Ranking for keywords on Google like "online dating" "free online dating" etc. is out of the question, especially with a small budget. You need to do keyword research and dig into long-tail phrases like "free online dating for local singles" , " London dating" and similar keywords. These are ones you may actually have a shot for, even with a small budget. Once you know your keywords, you can then pay for an SEO service.

I also advise you to be on track with Facebook and Twitter. Social media marketing is a big one for dating websites.Pay per click advertising is another option, but I would personally spend my money on SEO before I gave PPC a shot.

Thanks.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

For users profile mate title I started showing username | Sex | relation status | Location is it good idea? I think it is but not sure.
  9. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

I would hope user profiles would be private to the public and only available to logged in users. That, assuming true, you would not need to optimize said pages.

I would focus on homepage and converting pages. You need to gain the users first, before they can search for eachother.

There are many great examples out there, I hope you're planning on a specific niche of dating.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by joshz
    I would hope user profiles would be private to the public and only available to logged in users. That, assuming true, you would not need to optimize said pages.

I would focus on homepage and converting pages. You need to gain the users first, before they can search for eachother.

There are many great examples out there, I hope you're planning on a specific niche of dating.
    That's wright user profiles private to the public and I am focusing on to home page with link building fresh content with keywords and show latest blog/news on home page. I am not focusing on to a specific niche but my target age around 25 to 40 and site 100% free but I am deleting fake profiles and images. What I am planning is I want to focus on to Facebook ads (local only) 2 weeks in Christmas while I am off. Thanks for your reply and advice.