Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Keywords in 1px text: bad, but keywords in a small image alt are fine, right?

hi,
    i've just thought of this.
    writing keywords at the bottom of a page, with a 1px size fonts and white text on a white background is bad and considered like spamming, right?

but

writing keywords in images alt text is good, right?

so, how about putting a white small image over a white background thus being invisible, with a alt text with the keywords will be good, isnt it?
    im going to try this:-)
  3. My first avatar here
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

why do you want to this? why you add this keywords on your current text? its better than try to play with google... =)
    I am a content scrapper. If you need to obtain and process big data, pm me.
    I have a multi-threaded spider that runs on several ec2 instances.
    I have been crawling twitter, and other big guys for a while. Outputs: SQL, XML, CSV, MYSQL, TXT
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

well the first page of my website is a welcome image file, with no text, so in some way i have to add keywords.
    google doesnt care my meta tag keywords, so i have to add them in the page as text, but then it would be considered as spamming, so i have to hide them.

but to hide them as small text it would be like spamming, so i think to add them as the alt text of a small image would be fine, what would be the problem with that?
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Any technique by which you try and get keywords indexed which are not visible to visitors to your site is spamming. It's also quite ineffective in Google as on-page factors don't count for much.
    Sussex Barn Dance
    The Hokey Cokey - is that really what it's all about?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanks..so what can i do to put keywords in my homepage where i have just one image? i have them in the meta tags but google doesnt care about them so i have to stuff them in the page
  11. My first avatar here
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by paokun
    thanks..so what can i do to put keywords in my homepage where i have just one image? i
    Get off of that welcome page and let the site first page be a regular page with nice text and images.... or add text to your welcome page.

Dont try to hide beacuse google knows all... well at least thats how i see it...hehe
  13. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    You can actually do whatever you want. So what if Google says that Google will penalize or ban you if they catch you using hidden text, cloaking, etc. It is your site... if you want to risk being banned by Google, that is your decision... right?
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanks incdeveloper, i'll try to find a good way:-)
  17. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by SEO_AM
    You can actually do whatever you want. So what if Google says that Google will penalize or ban you if they catch you using hidden text, cloaking, etc. It is your site... if you want to risk being banned by Google, that is your decision... right?
    hmmm... do I detect a wee bet of sarcasm there?

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : maybe he is serious... some folks look at it as risk vs reward... and bet their domain that they will not get caught.
  19. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Quite restrained I thought. Could have just referred him on to the syndk8 boys for the latest groundbreaking SEO techniques.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

but i wonder why if i put 30 keyphrases at the bottom of my page i risk of getting banned, while some websites have never been banned for years though using about 500 keyphrases 1px size at the end of the page. is it just a lucky case or to get banned one has to write thousands of hidden keyphrases?
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

but i wonder why if i put 30 keyphrases at the bottom of my page i risk of getting banned, while some websites have never been banned for years though using about 500 keyphrases 1px size at the end of the page. is it just a lucky case or to get banned one has to write thousands of hidden keyphrases?
    That's absolutely true! (can some SMART ( PPP ) expert bother to answer to this question? )
  25. B afraid.. B very afraid!

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    My point or sarcasm from above is based upon hundreds of posts on this and other boards that basically scream: "WHY AM I BANNED?". I expect this poster to be one of these individuals. The argument always is: "But everybody else does it!". Guess what? Everybody else does not do it. You do it... you must realize that you stand a chance of being penalized or banned, but don't come back later and lamely ask: "WHY AM I BANNED?". We have pre-answered your question.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

well as i said i dont wanna do bad things and get banned, but if the meta tag "keywords" isnt considered by google there must be other ways to place keywords to be found.
    i have 30 keyphraes to place somewhere, it's not like a whole lot as bonusbetting.it has, but they are not banned at all.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

@seo_am: no, the true point is; why these guys around since years?? why google doesn't ban them?Should we blab'em to google to realize that thousands of sites?
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: