1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Keyword stuffing, spam and how do I prevent it?

Hi all,

I am creating a site which is a guide for a comic book event called the Blackest Night, you may of heard of it. My goal is to rank for the term "Blackest Night". On my home page I have a brief description, the order in which to read the comics (approx 80 issues in the list) and some closing text.

After running the page through various keyword analysis tools, it's said that the page may be flagged as keyword stuffing or spam and I'm wondering the best way to overcome this. The density for the term is only 1.9%.

I think it might be that the list mentions the term numerous times, i.e. Blackest Night #0 all the way up to 8, as well as title and meta descriptions etc etc. Is there a better way to display this content?

Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

if the list is a nav, dont worry about it. In fact, dont worry about it anyway. Suck it and see. Your list is descriptive and accurate, so keep it.

I once administered a site whose products revolved solely around one single term. To look at the site you'd have seen it stuffed full of that keyterm, way past the accepted amount. However, the site progressed and progressed until it was the leading site of its kind... to which i think was based solely on the repeated presence of that term (there was no link building, just good product structure). Without that repeated keyterm presence the site couldnt function and i'm convinced it was the unintentional keyword stuffing that did the job in the serps.

What i'm saying is that each situation is different.. try it and see.
  5. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by freeflyer
    i'm convinced it was the unintentional keyword stuffing that did the job in the serps.
    Sorry but keyword density dont mean a thing these days and would not have played a part in your rankings IMO.

Originally Posted by mattFllr
    I think it might be that the list mentions the term numerous times, i.e. Blackest Night #0 all the way up to 8, as well as title and meta descriptions etc etc. Is there a better way to display this content?
    I wouldnt worry about it mate, you see thousands of sites with lists that contain the same keywords and they have no problem in ranking because 1. keyword density is not used any more, 2. lists are a good way of quickly telling your visitors exactly what you offer and where it is.

IMHO a site that can quickly tell its visitors where they need to go in order to find what they have visited the site for is a great feature and Im sure google knows the difference between lists and random keyword spam!
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Keyword density takes a back seat if your content demands the occurrence of term. If there is no unnecessary placement of keywords, you can go ahead without any worries.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo