1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Keyword ranking (100+ keywords)

Lets say I have a site that sells a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, and other food products.

I want to get a list of where my site ranks on Google (also MSN and Yahoo) when doing a search for all of the various keywords associate with the site (ex. "corn", "onion", "bread" "food", etc).

Can you recommend me any tools that can perform this operation?

Does Google Sitemaps or Google Analytics provide this functionality? My spider senses tell me yes, but can it also be applied to MSN and Yahoo?

I know we could do this ranking by hand, but we want a systematic way of getting a list of how our keywords rank among the big three search engines.

Thanks in advance.
  3. Full-Time In-House SEO'er
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Yes, there is a tool that does this.. This will check Yahoo, MSN, and Google.. If you are researching your rank for just one keyword, it will search up to the first 1,000 positions. You can also do a mass search, where it will search ten keywords at once, up to the 200th position.

http://www.googlerankings.com/index.php

There are also plenty of options if you want to pay, that will track ALL of your keywords automatically and graph the data for you and do whatever you want it to.. PM me if you care to,,,
  5. Moderator
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by josh_bowes
    Lets say I have a site that sells a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, and other food products.

I want to get a list of where my site ranks on Google (also MSN and Yahoo) when doing a search for all of the various keywords associate with the site (ex. "corn", "onion", "bread" "food", etc).

Can you recommend me any tools that can perform this operation?

Does Google Sitemaps or Google Analytics provide this functionality? My spider senses tell me yes, but can it also be applied to MSN and Yahoo?

I know we could do this ranking by hand, but we want a systematic way of getting a list of how our keywords rank among the big three search engines.

Thanks in advance.
    Use digitalpoint.com - Keyword ranking tool to find where you rank. G Analytics will show you when a user clicks a keyword from any search engine but won't show you where you rank.
    I take it those were just examples as they would be pretty competitive I would think lol
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thank you for the suggestions. I will look into them further.

And yes, those were just examples
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I have been looking at this report http://www.keyworddiscovery.com/static/keyword-tool-reviews.pdf

It IS posted on a vendor site So always use your own judgement. Gives you a good overview of keyword tools.

A number of tools, including keyword elite and webceo (webceo reviewed in that reference) will provide you really nice way of looking at your position, and draw a time-based graph of how you are doing. I would recommend those (if you are willing to pay) to a web-based tool that can give you a one-time snapshot and would not keep history.