Thread: Keyword problem

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Keyword problem

hello, i want to know about proper keyword usage and i know a site which was on google 3rd page, but suddenly their forum crashed and was not checked by admin. This lost their ranking because most of their backlinks were from forums.

now what strategy should be used, should we start from same meta title, meta desc and keywords which were previously used or use long tail keywords first to bring site again some where closer.

i hope i made my point clear.
  3. Philip@SearchBenefit.com
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Sorry that no one replied to you sooner, but your post is missing essential information. How long was the forum offline? How long has it been back online? It's true that when a site goes offline for a while without a proper redirect this can destroy your rankings, but some recovery is often possible once things are back to normal. Sometimes your rankings are recalculated several times, and it may take up to a month or so to see what is going on.

Beyond that, all you can do is proper SEO. Your query suggests though that you should either learn it yourself or hire someone who is well versed in the current SEO methods. You worry about the wrong things: meta keywords and keywords in your meta description are ignored by the search engines today and do not affect your rankings. Your <title> tags (not your "meta title") are important, but no one can tell you what your best keyword strategy should be without performing a keyword analysis for your market first.
  5. No Profile Picture
    The Dog Guy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

What philip said.

but also you say "This lost their ranking because most of their backlinks were from forums."

this is a remarkable strategy to be able to achieve a high rank in your forums niche. Most people have to post in social networks on article sites, reciprocal link, auto link etc to get anywhere near high rankings.

I am not clear as to how going off line would remove links from other forums unless those forums do regular sweeps for dead links and remove all of them?

There are many ways to get your forum high again, and I suggest a more wide spread strategy would give your site a lot more stability in the future.
  7. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Aha common guys, that person made 1 post on the 21st and never came back or has had any activity since...it's spam
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

No Man, why are you guys so much afraid of spam, i was not able to come as i did not get some answer sooner, so i was searching all over.

I would like to thank everybody for answering me. What i did was that blocked forum from robots.txt so that my crawl errors are reduced. My site came up to third page again but we had few more problems and now it again went down.

Thanks everybody.