Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Keyword Optimization in 30 days or may be 10 days

Hello,

I was looking through freelancerdotcom website and saw the post for SEO jobs. I was amazed to see people offering to complete the jobs in 10 days or 30 days for optimizing a keyword. After analyzing through the keyword, it was very much obvious that atleast I wont be able to get this done even in 60 days. My concern here is How these people can quote for a work which is not possible using any valid technique as far as i know. Or is it really possible which I am not aware of.
  3. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Mostly in life you can hope to get what you pay for at best... But if you pay penuts then you do seem to always end up with monkeys....

Comments on this post

• grgmathew agrees : But still those people are busting this business with black hat techniques
    Live the moment
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I expect it depends on your definition of "optimising for a keyword".

For me that means changing the page in question so that is optimised for that specific keyword. That's a job which shouldn't take any more than a few hours if you have the content already. It wouldn't include research for the keyword or getting the keywod high in the serps.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by gazzahk
    Mostly in life you can hope to get what you pay for at best... But if you pay penuts then you do seem to always end up with monkeys....
    Its not even about paying peanuts, but for the people who are still doing job and as i said in 10 days ,,,,How is it possible. Does this really fetches result or just lying about their expertize.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Steve25
    I expect it depends on your definition of "optimising for a keyword".

For me that means changing the page in question so that is optimised for that specific keyword. That's a job which shouldn't take any more than a few hours if you have the content already. It wouldn't include research for the keyword or getting the keywod high in the serps.
    My definition still remain "Optimizing a keyword" not "Optimizing for a Keyword".
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

To me though "Optimizing a keyword" is simply changing the on page factors, not link building and getting the page high in the serps. Which should be done in a few hours.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think what this really shows though, is that if you are going to advertise a job on something like freelancer then you should be very specific as to what that job entails. Otherwise confusion over different peoples understanding of a phrase can turn the job bad.

Comments on this post

• gazzahk agrees : Yep....
  15. No Profile Picture
    -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

People do lie and talk cr**..

That is life.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  17. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by grgmathew
    Its not even about paying peanuts, but for the people who are still doing job and as i said in 10 days ,,,,How is it possible. Does this really fetches result or just lying about their expertize.
    Its impossible to say without knowing what keyword your targeting and exactly what you have asked them to quote for? Why not sure the url to your job listing and them maybe people could advise a little better!?

As noted above, those people could be getting the wrong end of the stick, like Steve said, he would consider the job simply optimising your page for that keyword, but I on the other hand would consider the job both on page and off page seo and so would clearly quote more and a longer time frame then Steve would.
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think what this really shows though, is that if you are going to advertise a job on something like freelancer then you should be very specific as to what that job entails. Otherwise confusion over different peoples understanding of a phrase can turn the job bad.
    Even this is also not the case. It is defined that the keyword should rank his or her site in page 1 . Now hows that possible.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by NathanielB
    Its impossible to say without knowing what keyword your targeting and exactly what you have asked them to quote for? Why not sure the url to your job listing and them maybe people could advise a little better!?

As noted above, those people could be getting the wrong end of the stick, like Steve said, he would consider the job simply optimising your page for that keyword, but I on the other hand would consider the job both on page and off page seo and so would clearly quote more and a longer time frame then Steve would.
    I fully agree with you.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Even this is also not the case. It is defined that the keyword should rank his or her site in page 1 . Now hows that possible.
    Again - all depends.

It would need much more clarification. If the phrase is something like "silver handled scissors to buy in Redditch UK" then it could probably be done by on page optimisation, however if the phrase is "toys" then that would be a lot more difficult (not quite impossible - but not far from it).

It really needs more clarification to make any judgements over the time frame.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Again - all depends.

It would need much more clarification. If the phrase is something like "silver handled scissors to buy in Redditch UK" then it could probably be done by on page optimisation, however if the phrase is "toys" then that would be a lot more difficult (not quite impossible - but not far from it).

It really needs more clarification to make any judgements over the time frame.
    The one I saw was for keyword "excessive sweating". And it is UK based company who is looking for the above said keyword optimization. But what I analyzed and what people quoted was really something disturbing. The bidders were responding to the project with time frame as little as 30 days and maximum 120 days. I more thing to add the site owner ranking was in 184th position.
    Last edited by grgmathew; Oct 8th, 2012 at 08:09 AM.
  27. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

How many people fall for investment frauds? Bad mechanics? Buying fake products?

That's business. There's a risk in every purchase. It's up to the buyer to be educated, do research and have common sense.
    www.joshz.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email josh@joshz.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The one I saw was for keyword "excessive sweating". And it is UK based company who is looking for the above said keyword optimization. But what I analyzed and what people quoted was really something disturbing. The bidders were responding to the project with time frame as little as 30 days and maximum 120 days. I more thing to add the site owner ranking was in 184th position.
    Aah, now we are getting to the nitty gritty. I haven't done the research into the phrase so I will take you on face value that it appears hard.

On the buyers side if he/she makes it clear what the target is and the contract states that the supplier doesn't get paid unless the results are shown then they could be on to a good deal. But they would have to be careful.

On the sellers side, it could be that the page is poorly set out etc and so they feel that with some modifications to the page, with a few high pr links and a bit of luck they can make it to page 1.

It's a gamble on both sides, but outsourcing for both parties is always a bit of a gamble anyway (at least in my experience).
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: