1. No Profile Picture

Keyword Gouping (Clustering) tools and practises.

1. It a given that ranking your page for a group of related (and semantically close) keywords is a way to go. But my question is where do you put them?

2. Blog commenting with relevant keywords overstaffed considered to be ok?

3. Text analysis tool shows recommendation on the length of my article and keywords that would best fit either my titles, H1 heading, and body along with the score that shows how likely these keywords appear through the similar articles of my competitors:

So should I include these keywords too? Obviously these are more recommended keywords to use, but wouldn't that also mean that I would have to rank my way up through a more competitive field?
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

1. It a given that ranking your page for a group of related (and semantically close) keywords is a way to go. But my question is where do you put them?
    You will want to think about your keywords as "primary" and "secondary keywords" for the page. You'll want to include the primary keyword in the meta <title> and try to work it into the page title <h1>. Try to work in some of the secondary keywords or modifiers into the content... keep in mind though, googles ability to understand language is more sophisticated than you think - so avoid "stuffing" keywords in. Also, when you're creating your keyword groups - groups of words containing your primary and secondary keywords to optimize a page for - you'll want to try to be descriptive of the page topic and you want the page content to read naturally to a human reader. Also, avoid repeating single words too much, instead use synonyms or just work in modifiers where appropriate. Also, don't feel like you need to work in every single keyword phrase in the keyword group into the content...sometimes a secondary keyword phrase will not fit into the content and that is okay - put the human visitor who will be consuming the content first.

2. Blog commenting with relevant keywords overstaffed considered to be ok?
    I would not optimize blog comments. Optimization of your regular content should be sufficient.

3. Text analysis tool shows recommendation on the length of my article and keywords that would best fit either my titles, H1 heading, and body along with the score that shows how likely these keywords appear through the similar articles of my competitors:
    So should I include these keywords too? Obviously these are more recommended keywords to use, but wouldn't that also mean that I would have to rank my way up through a more competitive field?
    Use those tools as more of a hint than a mandate. If the the word fits in with the content and the messaging of the page, add it in..if you're finding it difficult to work in the modifier or keyword phrase within the content within the content naturally, then don't add it. In general, the addition of specific words will not really help you in competitive niches...but think about your competitors content all together...if their ranking pages have significantly more content and more descriptive content than you, then think about expanding the amount of content that you have on pages ...but little tweaks to body / heading content , unless its across many pages typically does not a huge needle mover...at best, it helps a little.
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi Honey_Bunny,
    In addition to above suggestions...

Page grouping or site structure seems to be a largely ignored aspect of generic search referral.

Two crucial SEO issues are:

a. SEs rank the individual words in search queries rather than the exact keyword string.
    b. A SE-friendly structure can make a big difference in passing PageRank to your most important pages

The ranking scores for "primary" and "secondary" individual search words can be multiplied with tactics that include these actions:

• Search words used in URLs and the site link structure
    • Their use in site-wide breadcrumb trails
    • In image "alt" tags that are also linked to pages
    • Use in link text when cross-linking in the site
    • Don't forget "location" words in your content

Great SEO results are often obtained by targeting individual customer types. Eg. Breadcrumbs for:

Home -> SEO Tools -> Backlink Checker -> Small Business -> E-commerce
    Home -> SEO Tools -> Backlink Checker -> Small Business -> Online advertisers

You could use a URL structure like:

(domain).com/SEO-tools/backlinks/small-business/e-commerce
    (domain).com/SEO-tools/backlinks/small-business/online-ads

Every URL and every page within the /SEO-tools/backlinks/small-business section of the site will score multiple ranking points for the words:

• SEO tools
    • Backlinks
    • Checker
    • Small business

There will be more ranking points scored for these individual words used in these HTML places than in H1, H2, etc. or basic body text.

Comments on this post

• Doodled agrees