1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Which keyword density tool

Which tool should I use for keyword density.

I am chacking this page

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/REMOVETHISpeelers.php

for the keyword phrase peeler crabs.

This site http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/keyword-density/ says I have 4% density on that phrase whilst this page http://googlerankings.com/ultimate_seo_tool.php says I have 23% density. Judging by the appearence of the page I would go with 4% but why are the results so different.

Can someone also offer advice on the best level of density.

This is a really easy keyword with very few pages so If I can get it right I will do well (hopefully).

Thanks in advance - Glenn
  3. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    The absolute best kw density & proximity tool is: http://www.ranks.nl/tools/spider.html. However, the major search engines (primarily Google) no longer really pays attention to density. Write your content around your keyword(s) for the reader NOT the search engine. I have yet to see a search engine buy anything from me... whereas I have seen thousands of sales from my readers. Forget about density, it is a measure of the past. The search engine industry has grown way beyond such a simple indicator.

Comments on this post

• beltzaser agrees : Not only this perticular post, others are straight to the point and accurate
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

try this one this is a good seo tools http://www.gorank.com/
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

At my company we use "webconfs.com/keyword-density-checker.php" because it's easy and simple to understand. The 2 tools that you are using are giving you different percentages because one of the tools is reading your title meta tag (or all your meta tags) instead of just on page text. That's actually a good thing.

My coworkers and I have found that you want a density level of around 7%. Some advice that I read often is that your keyword should appear no more than 4 times on any 1 page. I don't really like this method because someone could have "car dealer car dealer car dealer car dealer" as the only text on their homepage and think it's legit b/c of the 4 keywords per page rule. So I prefer the % thing.

I'm assuming you know this since you're even aware that there is a thing called keyword density, but if your density is too high, like that 2nd tool you used said it is, you can get penalized or banned. eek! Hope this helps!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by TraderSEO
    At my company we use "webconfs.com/keyword-density-checker.php" because it's easy and simple to understand. The 2 tools that you are using are giving you different percentages because one of the tools is reading your title meta tag (or all your meta tags) instead of just on page text. That's actually a good thing.

My coworkers and I have found that you want a density level of around 7%. Some advice that I read often is that your keyword should appear no more than 4 times on any 1 page. I don't really like this method because someone could have "car dealer car dealer car dealer car dealer" as the only text on their homepage and think it's legit b/c of the 4 keywords per page rule. So I prefer the % thing.

I'm assuming you know this since you're even aware that there is a thing called keyword density, but if your density is too high, like that 2nd tool you used said it is, you can get penalized or banned. eek! Hope this helps!
    Yes thats why Im concerned. But looking at my page even with metas It shouldnt be 23 percent given that the phrase only appears twice more the density shouldnt go from 4 percent to 23 percent.

seo am ? does google pay enough attention to want to ban me ? Am I needlesly worrying here ?

And what is the actual keyword density for this page ?
  11. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Remember, with very little content you will see exaggerated kw density. Successful kw densities can run from .5% to over 15%. Don't worrry about it.

Once again, as long as you are not keyword spamming and writing for your reader, forget about density. Pay attention to using your keyword in the title tag and as the H1 title on the page, then write the content normally. The search engines are damn smart and can pick up your intended content keywords easily.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

To focus on KW density is to waste a lot of time with SEO. Focus on writing QUALITY content that uses your keyword NATURALLY. Use it as often in the text as it makes sense. Use different tenses. Use it in the singular and plural. Use similar words and words that are commonly related to it. All of these count more than any KW density target you could ever shoot for.

"Live never to be ashamed of what is written about you. Even if what is written is not true" -- Richard Bach

Yahoo Store SEO
  15. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

I don't know how many times I gotta say it, actually maybe I'll write a blog post about it..... the only KW density number u need to weary of is 0%. Let the market dictate keywords, write good content!
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ok, Thanks for all your help. I get the message that keyword density is not an issue.

I look forward to reading the blog article.

I often get a little worried if someone mentions the word ban, which is why I ask the question.