1. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Which keyword density is the right one

What is the best way to determine the keyword density of a web page for a particular keyword like 'XML Conversion'. I see web pages with keyword density as high as '4.05' in the top 3 positions on google. Whereas my keyword density analyzer labled such type of keyword density as above the targeted keyword density.

How u guys determine the keyword density of ur web page for a particular keyword. I determine the keyword density of the top 10 results on Google SERP for a particular keyword and then take average of those results whose keyword densities are close to each other to minimise error in taking an average.

Also could u tell me the name of a good 'Keyword Density Analyzer' which is freely available on the web. I use 'ranks.nl'
    But it has its limitation. It cant calculate the keyword density of a web page whose size is bigger than 40K.
  3. Customized?
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Try pagerank.net/keyword-density-analyzer/
    I dont look at the denisty. At least I dont create my content after it. for my main pages I check it but only so i see its not too high. I heart something around 5-7% but I think its too high...
  5. Contributing User

Originally Posted by awesomehimanshu
    What is the best way to determine the keyword density of a web page for a particular keyword like 'XML Conversion'. I see web pages with keyword density as high as '4.05' in the top 3 positions on google. Whereas my keyword density analyzer labled such type of keyword density as above the targeted keyword density.

How u guys determine the keyword density of ur web page for a particular keyword. I determine the keyword density of the top 10 results on Google SERP for a particular keyword and then take average of those results whose keyword densities are close to each other to minimise error in taking an average.

Also could u tell me the name of a good 'Keyword Density Analyzer' which is freely available on the web. I use 'ranks.nl'
    But it has its limitation. It cant calculate the keyword density of a web page whose size is bigger than 40K.

www dot tradeweblinks dot com/free-seo-tools/keyword-density-checker.php check this tool.....might be rather good than your...

regards
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Originally Posted by -mj-
    Try pagerank.net/keyword-density-analyzer/
    I dont look at the denisty. At least I dont create my content after it. for my main pages I check it but only so i see its not too high. I heart something around 5-7% but I think its too high...
    Thanks
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Dont worry about keyword density, focus on other important things.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by zahir
    www dot tradeweblinks dot com/free-seo-tools/keyword-density-checker.php check this tool.....might be rather good than your...

regards
    Thanks a lot. It is able to determine the keyword density of documents equal to or greater than 40 K.
  13. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Originally Posted by awesomehimanshu

Himanshu, don't go by the numbers in keyword density. Use your targeted keywords only as much as it would take to make your site look natural and appealing...not too less, neither too much. There is no stipulated keyword density to follow as such.

So my advice would be to maintain a keyword density which would look natural to the eyes of your visitors and also to the search engines. If you still want to go by the numbers...maintain a density of 2-3%.

You can use the keyword density tool in seochat to measure your keyword density.

Hope this helps !

SEO FAQs - You might find your answer here.
    SEOchat Forum Rules - Read Before You Post