1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

JQuery slider on page creating separate URLs and therefore duplicate content

There is a jQuery slider on this page www.fireflycomms dot com/services which is producing, according to an SEO expert's crawler, different URLs of this page, for example: www.fireflycomms dot com/services/fireproof

Is this true?
  3. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Did you not think of simply going to that url to check the content? All the page has on it is hello, so that's not a duplicate page, but you should sort out whats making those pages to have it stop making them.

Also if you are worried about duplicate pages being auto created by your system due to the code, a simple option would be to add canonical tags to the original pages so google would know that any other pages it finds are duplicates and not to be used.

I would advice talking to your website coder/programer to have them fix the problems, but its also a good idea to add the canonical tags for added protection

If you want to learn more about canonical tags, please use the search feature in the top right, or have a search on google. You can find all the information you need about canonical tags, so please don't ask for people to explain them again!
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I can't post URLs so it's difficult to explain. What I want to know is:

Does the jQuery slider on this page www.fireflycomms .com/services (just delete space between domain name and .com) produce multiple URLs for the Googlebot?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo