1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Is putting a twitter feed on your wordpress blog helpful?

or facebook for that matter
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by Sean Morey

or facebook for that matter
    Do you offer helpful or valuable information via your tweets? Would it be relevant or helpful to your visitors? If so, then yes. If not, then no.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by joshz
    Do you offer helpful or valuable information via your tweets? Would it be relevant or helpful to your visitors? If so, then yes. If not, then no.
    Sometimes, so there is no seo value in having a twitter feed?
  7. SEO Consultant

Not a direct value, no.

However, if you're going about your web design with the attitude "only implement if it helps SEO" you're bound to fail.

Keep your user's in mind.

Keep in mind your user's experience.

Keep in mind relevant and supporting information that may or may not help the user decide to pick up the phone to call you.

So having a Twitter feed has no SEO benefit - right, but what if it makes you look like more of an authority to your customers? It could build trust seeing your tweets on recent work or new updates?

Thinking 'just SEO' is what caused so many sites to fail with Penguin, in my opinion.
  9. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Like Josh said, not directly but if your tweets of posts on FB are of value to your visitors they could help to build your brand name and having that on your site could also help you to gain more links and sales, so yes indirectly, the feeds can help if used correctly and for the right reasons.

Another great example would be having a news feed, its not something that directly helps with seo, but can help to earn you more links and build on your brand authority!
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  11. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

From what I can see, using the plugin that I have to import my Twitter feed to my blog, the contents of the tweet do not appear in the source code. I was initially thinking that having keywords in my tweets could help somewhat with on page SEO, but not if it doesn't appear in the source code.

I still include it on my real estate site because it gives social media conscious people a way to connect with us and adds a bit of personality to the page, but I don't think it helps with SEO.
    THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO UNNATURAL LINKS RECOVERY by Dr. Marie Haynes.
    Click here to sign up for my Google Penalty Newsletter.
    Traffic Drop Audits. and Unnatural links penalty recovery help.
  13. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the answers, still kinda testing but i agree we should be more careful and targeted with our tweets.
  15. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

The search engine robot sees what the ordinary web browser sees nowadays. Dynamic content and AJAX calls can all be handled by a "headless browser" (a fully functioning web browser without a GUI) which is basically the technology level of search engine robots nowadays.

I wouldn't assume that the search engines don't know about content just because it isn't in the source code.

This falls under the realm of indirect benefit - if your twitter feed is beneficial, so I agree completely with Joshz's sentiment.