1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Is my blog penalized in the eyes of Google ?

Hey everyone,
    I'm a beginner in SEO and I was wondering if my blog has been penalized by Google. Actually, my blog have many duplicate content issues such as copied content, duplicate meta tags, duplicate title tags etc. I've submitted 162 web pages in the Google Webmaster's tools and it shows that it has index all of my pages but when I do site:url.com it only shows 110 pages in the SERPs while the total pages indexed are 162. I've also tried the other ways to check if Google has indexed my new pages or not, but it won't come up in the SERPs while in Webmaster's tools it shows that the new pages are also indexed. My home page is not removed from Google SERPs and also the 110 other pages are not removed. The only problem is with the new pages and posts because they won't show up in SERPs. Is my blog penalized ? If not, what could be causing the problems and what are the solutions ?

Addition Detail: I've messed up with Google Fetch option in the webmasters tools and I think that's why the <title> tags of my blog are not correctly indexed. e.g showing the title "Newer Post - My Blog Name" in the SERPs

Please help,
    Thanks..
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I did a quick look round to try and guess what your site was as I couldn't see it in your profile and you don't mention it in previous posts (though some did ask for it) and I found recoverdepression.blogspot is this your site? (I saw that you were running a blog, your main keyword was recover depression and your name was Usman, so this just has to be your blog).

If it is then there is a good chance you are being penalised as none of the content is unique, it is all scraped from other sites. There is absolutely no reason for Google to rank your site as you are not offering any unique content.

Actually it is just a complete rip off of this site depressivedisorder.blogspot.com.

My sincerest apologies if the aforementioned site isn't yours, but from what you have said I would wager it is.

Comments on this post

• DarrenHaye agrees : That's depressing :P
    Last edited by zico82; Nov 12th, 2012 at 05:21 PM.
  5. No Profile Picture

Do not think too much about penalty.

I think your blog is not penalized. Penalty comes and go. I have many site in the past did not get traffic. Now it gives traffics. I mean do not care about penalty.I believe one of the best seo Technic is ultimate user experiences. After making website or blog ultimate, go out and speak about your blog in related forum, blogs, comment on blog or write articles. Without thinking do follow or no follow or backlink, just show people that you have something and you want to contribute to them.
    Originally Posted by usman86
    Hey everyone,
    I'm a beginner in SEO and I was wondering if my blog has been penalized by Google. Actually, my blog have many duplicate content issues such as copied content, duplicate meta tags, duplicate title tags etc. I've submitted 162 web pages in the Google Webmaster's tools and it shows that it has index all of my pages but when I do site:url.com it only shows 110 pages in the SERPs while the total pages indexed are 162. I've also tried the other ways to check if Google has indexed my new pages or not, but it won't come up in the SERPs while in Webmaster's tools it shows that the new pages are also indexed. My home page is not removed from Google SERPs and also the 110 other pages are not removed. The only problem is with the new pages and posts because they won't show up in SERPs. Is my blog penalized ? If not, what could be causing the problems and what are the solutions ?

Addition Detail: I've messed up with Google Fetch option in the webmasters tools and I think that's why the <title> tags of my blog are not correctly indexed. e.g showing the title "Newer Post - My Blog Name" in the SERPs

Please help,
    Thanks..
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by zico82
    I did a quick look round to try and guess what your site was as I couldn't see it in your profile and you don't mention it in previous posts (though some did ask for it) and I found recoverdepression.blogspot is this your site? (I saw that you were running a blog, your main keyword was recover depression and your name was Usman, so this just has to be your blog).

If it is then there is a good chance you are being penalised as none of the content is unique, it is all scraped from other sites. There is absolutely no reason for Google to rank your site as you are not offering any unique content.

Actually it is just a complete rip off of this site depressivedisorder.blogspot.com.

My sincerest apologies if the aforementioned site isn't yours, but from what you have said I would wager it is.
    Well, that's my blog and it's copied from depressivedisorder.blogspot.com but the one who created depressivedisorder.blogspot.com also copied content from the other websites and there is also nothing unique in his blog yet he is ranking well in SERPs and his page rank is 3. I just did site:url.com and my new pages are now showing up in SERPs so I don't think that I'm penalized. Also for the keyword I'm focusing on i.e recover depression there is no other site whose <title> or description matches with my title and description so I don't think that google will detect any duplicate content issues for this keyword phrase. Well, I was wondering what would happen if I just copied the whole thing in my blog and then SEO it. I've gained an experience from it. Are there still chances for me to achieve rankings for some low-competitive keywords or should I delete this blog and start all over again or just leave it as it is ?
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Well, that's my blog and it's copied from depressivedisorder.blogspot.com
    You should stop stealing content. Learn about the topic your site and write original content about it.

SEO is hard work, don't cut corners.

Comments on this post

• Dr.Marie agrees
  11. No Profile Picture

Thanks for everyone's opinion. I've decided to leave my blog as it is and not SEO it because of the duplicate content issues. I'll soon be writing a new blog with original content and ofocurse SEO it. I'd like to hear from others aswell, is it still possible to SEO a content that is copied ?
  13. No Profile Picture

No Doing seo on copied content is very risky. It is not good idea to do seo on copied content
    Thanks for everyone's opinion. I've decided to leave my blog as it is and not SEO it because of the duplicate content issues. I'll soon be writing a new blog with original content and ofocurse SEO it. I'd like to hear from others aswell, is it still possible to SEO a content that is copied ?
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Dhruvpatel
    No Doing seo on copied content is very risky. It is not good idea to do seo on copied content
    Thanks Dhruv, for your opinion. I'm removing ads from the website and not doing SEO to it anymore but not removing the blog because I think it would at least help some people if not getting top-rankings.