1. justificational oblivion
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Interesting disavow corner case

So, I have a site with a manual action where I disavowed almost all of the links and after three rounds of reinlcusion, partial penalty still not lifted. This definitely suggests to me that a critical mass of link removal needs to happen for penalty to be lifted. It just really sucks some cases, where you really can remove the links because they are auto-generated and the webmaster does not want to be found.... Do you guys agree here?

Also, additional question to you guys if you agree with the above; in terms of rough percentages, what percentage of links do you guys think need to be removed before manual action is lifted?

I know that there are some experts here on this particular area, so curious to hear about what you guys are seeing

thanks
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"
  3. Seo Control Panel

5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'm a little curious as to what steps you have taken besides Disavowing links:

Have you done manual outreach to get links removed? Multiple times?

Have you thoroughly documented your efforts and included that documentation with the Reconsideration Requests? Is that documented in Google Docs spreadsheet format?

Have you apologized and shown that you've "learned your lesson" and won't ever do such things again, lol?

As I understand it, Google will need to see genuine good faith efforts to get as many unnatural links removed as possible, with the Disavow being used for any links that were still live after multiple outreach efforts to the webmasters. Even with all these requirements, with the sheer number of Reconsideration Requests Google gets weekly (5,000+), it can be tough to not only get the Request read but also the Action lifted.

I don't know the particulars of your process/documentation, but I can tell you from experience that simply "repeating" the same process/documentation that was rejected/unread the first time may not be the best course of action here. I recommend you audit the entire workflow/process here and see if anything can be better documented or shown to Google.

Hope that helps!