1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Indexed pages not appearing

It seems that since the "Bad Data push" from google I have found when you search my domain name "Candlelightfashions or Candlelight Fashions, Google only pulls two of our pages. All the other pages it pulls are links to us.
    I know Google has all of our pages indexed but I'm lost as to why they do not pull when one searches the domain name.
    Most pages come up with the index as the main page but with several other pages in like a subfolder under the main page like listed below.
    forums.seochat.com/ - 122k - Nov 5, 2006 - Cached - Similar pages

SEO Chat - 3w.seochat.com/
    Optimization - forums.seochat.com/google-optimization-7/
    Page Rank - forums.seochat.com/google-page-rank-47/
    SEO Professionals - forums.seochat.com/seo-professionals-57/
    More results from forums.seochat.com

Ours does not do this. What if anything can we do to get more pages to appear? Does this have something to do with weighted pages on your sitemap?

Also would it help looking at how Google handles subdomains to make a subdomain for each category and have them linked?
    example. instead of having candlelightfashions.com/category make it category.candlelightfashions.com.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by Candlelight
    It seems that since the "Bad Data push" from google I have found when you search my domain name "Candlelightfashions or Candlelight Fashions, Google only pulls two of our pages. All the other pages it pulls are links to us.
    I know Google has all of our pages indexed but I'm lost as to why they do not pull when one searches the domain name.
    Most pages come up with the index as the main page but with several other pages in like a subfolder under the main page like listed below.
    forums.seochat.com/ - 122k - Nov 5, 2006 - Cached - Similar pages

SEO Chat - 3w.seochat.com/
    Optimization - forums.seochat.com/google-optimization-7/
    Page Rank - forums.seochat.com/google-page-rank-47/
    SEO Professionals - forums.seochat.com/seo-professionals-57/
    More results from forums.seochat.com

Ours does not do this. What if anything can we do to get more pages to appear? Does this have something to do with weighted pages on your sitemap?

Also would it help looking at how Google handles subdomains to make a subdomain for each category and have them linked?
    example. instead of having candlelightfashions.com/category make it category.candlelightfashions.com.
    Google only appears to give those extra links to sites that are very dominant for that search term. Clearly you are not.

It isn't costing you anything. If someone seaches for Candlelight Fashions then they obviously know who you are and are looking to find your web site. You're at #1, so it's not going to make much difference if you have two pages listed or five.
    Sussex Barn Dance
    The Hokey Cokey - is that really what it's all about?
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by john alphaone
    Google only appears to give those extra links to sites that are very dominant for that search term. Clearly you are not.

It isn't costing you anything. If someone seaches for Candlelight Fashions then they obviously know who you are and are looking to find your web site. You're at #1, so it's not going to make much difference if you have two pages listed or five.
    I understand that point, that if they are searching the name, then they know who we are, but when you search your domain name you ought to be dominant for that search. Google has 1070 pages indexed for our site. I can not imagine too many other people using the term 'candlelightfashions' all one word, with no spaces. If we are not dominant for that search word, with that many pages indexed, there has got to be something wrong.
    That is what I am asking...why wouldn't we be dominant? It pulls us as number 1 for the domain name, but doesn't pull us as being dominant?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by john alphaone

What do you mean by being dominant?