Thread: Indexation

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Red face Indexation

hi, i apologize for almost repeating one of the older threads just very interested in learning this.
    1) the few pages of the site that are indexed by google are homepage and aboutus.
    2) earlier there have been no links from internal pages to homepage
    3) i've placed links to homepage from the internal pages (most of) 3 weeks ago - still no pages have been indexed
    4) sitemap has also been recently added to google, site's homepag PR is currently 3

so how long should i wait before seeing more pages indexed in google, is there anything i can do besides waiting, would placing links to some relevant and goog PR articles help?

also can anyone help with learning what needs to be done to get approved at lii.org and dmoz? can anyone give me practical examples please?

also when submitting description to directories should i always use one or can i have different texts for some directories?

sorry for the number of questions

thank you!
  3. Live and Learn!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Well you need to remember that google will only crawl a website it finds. Help google find it by getting links coming into your website from external relevant sources/websites. Then with enough links coming in your website should get fully indexed.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by seomonkeymanocp
    Well you need to remember that google will only crawl a website it finds. Help google find it by getting links coming into your website from external relevant sources/websites. Then with enough links coming in your website should get fully indexed.
    well i've submitted the site to over 130 directories, however i am not willing to pay for listings at this point of time and i have to wait for the listngs to be approved. directories are PR0-4, also sumbitted to dmoz and lii but this is a different story

is that a relevant number for a start or do i need to keep addding to more and more?
  7. Live and Learn!

Is your website arcutecture any good? can google find all your pages properly or could there be code thats blocking them at all? First check this then come back if still unsure.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Is your website arcutecture any good? can google find all your pages properly or could there be code thats blocking them at all? First check this then come back if still unsure.
    the architecture is quite simple, static urls...
  11. Live and Learn!

can you post your url?
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

can you post your url?
    oh yes it is www.softheme.com
  15. Live and Learn!

theres nothing wrong with the site itself, you just need to maybe get deeper links into your website so that google starts from there as well. it will then index all the pages. you should also consider more QUALITY links into your homepage from relevant websites. google quickly devalue or even rather just give less value to directory links. send some links to your homepage which are crawled alot and have very good information/pr. This should then get your homepage more page rank and in turn your internal pages as currently they have none. As there are so many internal links on your homepage the link juice is very much exausted so not even a PR1 is given. Perhaps look at your site structure a bit and how your links flow from page to page. Try to spread the love as it were across all of your website but in a natural way.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

theres nothing wrong with the site itself, you just need to maybe get deeper links into your website so that google starts from there as well. it will then index all the pages. you should also consider more QUALITY links into your homepage from relevant websites. google quickly devalue or even rather just give less value to directory links. send some links to your homepage which are crawled alot and have very good information/pr. This should then get your homepage more page rank and in turn your internal pages as currently they have none. As there are so many internal links on your homepage the link juice is very much exausted so not even a PR1 is given. Perhaps look at your site structure a bit and how your links flow from page to page. Try to spread the love as it were across all of your website but in a natural way.
    thank you so much
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well, I was going to suggest adding a html sitemap on the site for both users and search engines rather than having all those links everywhere on the homepage but have just checked in google and you have got 126 pages indexed so something you done obviously worked.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by daddywarbucks
    Well, I was going to suggest adding a html sitemap on the site for both users and search engines rather than having all those links everywhere on the homepage but have just checked in google and you have got 126 pages indexed so something you done obviously worked.
    hi there, daddywarbucks, can you tell me how you've seen 126 pages? using seochat tool? i am only seeing two pages of softheme in google if i type in softheme and the rest is just the pages where the name has been metntioned...

thank you