1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Improving Page Rank

Hi there,

I am wondering if there is way to conduct a SEO experiment with a landing page on my website?

Is it possible to create 2 versions of the same page and run a test to see which page performs better in the search rankings. So for example page A will be the non optimised page, and page B would be the highly optimised page.

Already my gut tells me that you can't be indexed on 2 pages that have the same URL?

Hopefully you know what I mean. If this is not possible, what other alternative? Just optimise the page in question and wait?

cheers
  3. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

What are you hoping to achieve?
  5. UK Based SEO
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by benarnain
    Hi there,

I am wondering if there is way to conduct a SEO experiment with a landing page on my website?

Is it possible to create 2 versions of the same page and run a test to see which page performs better in the search rankings. So for example page A will be the non optimised page, and page B would be the highly optimised page.

Already my gut tells me that you can't be indexed on 2 pages that have the same URL?

Hopefully you know what I mean. If this is not possible, what other alternative? Just optimise the page in question and wait?

cheers
    No 2 pages can have the exact same url !!!!

And even if you were to make to 2 pages anyway that were exactly the same , only one would do well as the other would be duplicate content !

So thats a no go either !

Give us more info as to what your trying to do so we can advise you better !
    "Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong."
  7. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Are you focusing too much on ranks? Does the page you want to experiment with get much traffic?
    Here's why I ask. You can do some A/B testing to see which version of a page will CONVERT better. Version A is up for 30 days, measure conversions, then do the same with version B.

Aside from that Craig had it right regarding trying to rank 2 identical pages.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yep Sorry. I'll give you more info.. I have done some keyword research and I have established what keyphrases are most valuable for my site. When I do a search on those keyphrases, we appear nowhere.
    I have found which keyphrases are generating lots of traffic for us through PPC and adwords, however to maintain the level of traffic that I am getting, is costly. So my goal is to optimise the target pages for the keywords that I'm using in Adwords, therefore so I can reduce my budget in adwords because I will be getting better rankings in the natural results.

So the goal is to reduce adwords costs for the keyphrases and reduce my budget, or to have both working in tandem with less budget for PPC.

After doing my keyword research, I now know which keyword terms to avoid because they are too competitive and have a high "all in title", so for words that I want to target, how many keyphrases should you target for one page?

I think back now and realise that my previous post is a silly question, but hopefully I have given more clarity. I am new to this SEO game and trying to get my head round it all and hopefully this forum will help save me a lot of time and unnecessary effort.

Kind regards
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Arrow

As per my knowledge focusing on one keyword per one page is good. Because if you have a services page offering more than 5 different services(although they come under same category) with each having their own significance, do you think it makes sense/possible if we target all those 5services to rank for one single page(service page)?
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Having good Page rank for your website is like a recommendation, which makes you trustable. If anyone look for any product or service on search engines, they always want to choose among the toppers. So this is the high Page rank which get you more traffic and makes you trustable than others. Quality link building is necessary for both to get Good traffic as well as high PR for your business website.
  15. SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

its more obvious that the page with content will rank better because google see and crawl those content to be seen in SERP google will ignore does page that are not fully finish.
  17. No Profile Picture

whats the point of this experiment? I dont understand! Do you want to know if on-page SEO still works or not?