Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Important SEO Tips

Hi everybody, lets make this thread unique and helpfull to other webmasters. We all keep hearing in conferences and reading in articles, boards about seo basics. It keeps repeating itself everytime, they talk about content, density, headings, titles, descp, tags etc Those are tvery basic tips that will help but won't get you the spots you aiming for, let me get to teh point here, I am gonna start by giving you some tips that we don't usually see or hear around, according to the last G pattern, sites that are using the same anchors for their backlinks will be penalized, so if your site is about boat, trying vraying your anchors: boating, boats....Here is another important tip which is stemming, while building your text which is very important to have a rich text not bigger then 500 words neither smaller then 300 words use stemmimng, lets say for the word mature, you use matured, maturing etc, those are the details that will get you first spots in google, of course there is other important tips that need to be implemented while optimizing a site...
    Its your turn to contibute, so feel free to bring any new tips in here...
    Thanks hope, it will help the new seo comers.
  3. SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

You should pay exactly $19 for SEO.
    CEO & Co-founder of SEOmoz
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Anchor text should be built around your key words.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

yeah yeah
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I have a tip for SEO experts: beware of close-minded customers.

Comments on this post

• brandall agrees : That should definitely go to the top of the list.
  11. Contributing User

Originally Posted by redone
    according to the last G pattern, sites that are using the same anchors for their backlinks will be penalized
    Maybe only if you use it 2000x
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

according to the last G pattern, sites that are using the same anchors for their backlinks will be penalized, so if your site is about boat, trying vraying your anchors: boating, boats....
    That is highly disputable. What SEEMS to be a pattern (and this is certainly not a fact either) is that gaining a lot of links, very quickly, with the exact same anchor text (as would happen with the purchase of a bunch of sitewides) might have a negative effect on SERPs.

Here is another important tip which is stemming, while building your text which is very important to have a rich text not bigger then 500 words neither smaller then 300 words use stemmimng, lets say for the word mature, you use matured, maturing etc, those are the details that will get you first spots in google
    I don't know where the 300 - 500 words comes from, but you can rank #1 for any keyword with 200 words on the page or 700. I agree that using stemmed words is helpful, but it will not get you to #1 anywhere near as effectively as getting a steady influx of backlinks, from related, quality sites, with varying versions of your keywords in the anchor text. It's not new advice. It's not a secret tip. It's not exciting. But it is still effective.

"Live never to be ashamed of what is written about you. Even if what is written is not true" -- Richard Bach

Yahoo Store SEO
  15. Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

I am gonna start by giving you some tips that we don't usually see or hear around, according to the last G pattern, sites that are using the same anchors for their backlinks will be penalized...
    these are tips that we don't usually hear about? as brandall says, this is still highly speculative. i think it's the quickness in gaining links that hurts you more than the actual anchor text...

as far as stemming goes, you're right... it's good to use different iterations of your keywords w/in your site.... but where'd you get your 300-500 word theory from? that's ridiculous... i've seen SEVERAL cases of sites ranking in #1 positions that contain less than 300 words and MANY MANY more that contain over 500 .... seochat is a perfect example.. i just cut and pasted the homepage into word and it's telling me there are 3479 words..... (yet still ranks 1 for seo)

back on topic: (i don't even know where to start)

- design your site for the user not the spiders: put iterations of your keywords in your title, meta description, body text and h1 tags..

- create a sitemap for the robots to follow all links w/in your site

- get backlinks w/GREAT anchor text - don't just focus on your home page, get keyword specific anchor links back to individual pages w/in your site

- be patient... hard work will pay off ... indexing and rankings will come in time

- always add fresh content... and RSS feed is a good way of automating the process ... also if you add more pages, make sure you add them to your sitemap.

- don't come into the forums and make a post with the title to the effect of 'my site vanished' or 'where'd my site go' or 'did my site get banned?'... we've all read these a million times .... chances are you're just sandboxed
    It's been fun everyone... Time to leave for good. See this for more details.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

To clarify, I keep seeing people saying get links to pages aside from the main page. Is there a good reason for this? It just doesn't seem all that necessary for me, especially because getting backlinks is already hard.
  19. Mostly sane...

It's easier to target differant keywords on differant pages, rather than having one catch-all page. If you have multiple pages showing up in the serps for multiple keywords, then you will naturally have more visitors, better PR distribution, etc.

-Michael
    Enjoy Poetry?
    Get a Home Equity Loan or Mortgage Refinancing today!
    Potential Bad Neighborhood checker.
  21. No Profile Picture

G Pattern ??

Where can I read this G pattern ???? is there any link available?

Hi everybody, lets make this thread unique and helpfull to other webmasters. We all keep hearing in conferences and reading in articles, boards about seo basics. It keeps repeating itself everytime, they talk about content, density, headings, titles, descp, tags etc Those are tvery basic tips that will help but won't get you the spots you aiming for, let me get to teh point here, I am gonna start by giving you some tips that we don't usually see or hear around, according to the last G pattern, sites that are using the same anchors for their backlinks will be penalized, so if your site is about boat, trying vraying your anchors: boating, boats....Here is another important tip which is stemming, while building your text which is very important to have a rich text not bigger then 500 words neither smaller then 300 words use stemmimng, lets say for the word mature, you use matured, maturing etc, those are the details that will get you first spots in google, of course there is other important tips that need to be implemented while optimizing a site...
    Its your turn to contibute, so feel free to bring any new tips in here...
    Thanks hope, it will help the new seo comers.
  23. Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

i think he means patent not pattern.

you can read it through here http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2 FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PG01&s1=200500717 41&OS=20050071741&RS=20050071741

have fun...
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by Vgescape
    To clarify, I keep seeing people saying get links to pages aside from the main page. Is there a good reason for this?
    Yes. There are at least 2 VERY good reasons, and arguably, many more.
    1. Backlinks. Both the number and quality of backlinks pointing to a page act as "votes" for that page. The calculations related to summing those votes is more complex than this and only Google knows its exact structure, but it is clear that targeting many keywords is more effective with links to many pages.
    2. Anchor text. If you send all links to a single page, you can only get the anchor text benefits of those links for that page. that means, either you have to optimize the on page elements of that page for ALL of those keywords (which is never practical and often not possible) or hope that your offpage optimization is adequate. By sending links to many pages, with each targeting different keywords, you can efficiently match anchor text optimization to on page optimization.
  27. Son Of Spam

BL & Google

I have a question regarding backlinks and google.

I have some sites which are completely WH, and no links on them to bad neighborhoods.
    I am trying to build up my BL. But why does it take google so long to show the backlinks?
    My BL seem to show up so much faster on other SE. And is there a average amount of time for new BL to show up on google?

thx
  29. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

bud, you may never see some backlinks on google. they only show a sample subset of the backlinks they know about. basically, their link: command is useless. ignore it.
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page: