1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Importance of onpage and offpage optimization recently

Hello,

Is onpage and offpage optimization important recently ( may be in 6 months) ?. Coz one of my webpages is step by step decreased from page 1 to now page 2 SERP position 15 in last 3 months . I am sure it will continue decreasing more.

Google found the content good till 3 months back ( it put the page in page 1 SERP 4 or 5 ). But have for some reason pushing it down. The content is 100% original. There is not any updates to that page. But is that the only reason?

PS: I think you can come page 1 with nice content without any kind of optimization.
  3. No Profile Picture

Recently ON Page and OFF Page optimization pay very important role,

On Page optimization is basically the effort which you put on the website Like:- existing content, correction of HTML code,remove broken links, Add Meta / Alt Tags,Add XML Site Map.

It is very important that On Page Optimization is done correctly for a website as this educated search engine crawlers and spiders about the theme of the website and which keywords you are targeting to rank on.

Off page optimization is something which done on offsite and usually not visible in website,Directory submission,social bookmarking,article submission,blog posting,classified ads are the activities dome in Off Page.
  5. No Profile Picture

I think new a days Search engine optimization are more difficult google change every month SERP search and update google algorithm panda and penguin updates every month and penalized many site i think best techniques on page optimization content are unique and off page optimization you back links are relevant then your website keyword ranking are good and good your website health
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

There is so many updates are going on so u need to work according to Quality Guideline, yes there is difficulty doing seo on page and seo off page specially off page seo soo do some quality work not too much quantity.
  9. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Is onpage and offpage optimization important
    On page and off page will always be important for organic results...PPC not so much.

But is that the only reason?
    Hard to tell what the reason is without analyzing it.
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

The fact is, over time you are likely to come up against more and more competitions vying for those top spots. What ranked 6 months ago may not be able to compete now. Additionally, Google have been devaluing links all over the place recently. If your back link profile was of a poorer quality (or indeed you have not been accruing new/better links since) it is likely that some of your competitors with stronger (future-proof) profiles have leap-frogged you.

Of course without analyzing your site and competition this is just speculation. However, you would be wise to look further into these areas.

I hope that helps
    Rick
    Like my answer above? I am all over Google+! You may also like my SEO Audit Cheat Sheet.
  13. No Profile Picture

The page I am talking about is a content page with affiliate links to sell a product. Naturally there would be pages of different sellers of the product ( which do not have much content ). For instance google is putting 2 or 3 pages of the same seller ahead of my page which causes my page to go down and down. If google is putting one page only from a single seller for a product, it is understandable.

Originally Posted by rickeliason
    The fact is, over time you are likely to come up against more and more competitions vying for those top spots. What ranked 6 months ago may not be able to compete now. Additionally, Google have been devaluing links all over the place recently. If your back link profile was of a poorer quality (or indeed you have not been accruing new/better links since) it is likely that some of your competitors with stronger (future-proof) profiles have leap-frogged you.

Of course without analyzing your site and competition this is just speculation. However, you would be wise to look further into these areas.

I hope that helps
    Rick
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Update your sites unique content regularly for considering yourself in the eyes of Google.
  17. No Profile Picture

Thanks for all replies. Much appreciated.
  19. No Profile Picture

On Page is always important but now Off page is very limited, do less but quality, thematic Off page work.