1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

If I purchase a domain, and 302 it to my own subpage..

..will Google transfer its SERP to my page? I'm thinking about purchasing a site that is high up in SERPS just due to age, but I want it to go to my own page (due to advertising deals that only go to my own domain)

Is this possible?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

302? temporary redirect? why not redirect permanently?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by McMasters
    ..will Google transfer its SERP to my page? I'm thinking about purchasing a site that is high up in SERPS just due to age, but I want it to go to my own page (due to advertising deals that only go to my own domain)

Is this possible?
    First, use a 301 rediretc, not a 302. But yes, you can transfer much of what is driving that page's SERPs. to your site. But I would also look at the on page elements of your home page vs. that page. The age and backlinks play a big role, but they are not alone.

"Live never to be ashamed of what is written about you. Even if what is written is not true" -- Richard Bach

Yahoo Store SEO
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

301 redirect transfers a lot of goods to your new page. However, there could be a problem with backlinks which you don't have any control of. They still will be pointing to your old page/website. You may deal with this problem as long as you have redirect.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo