Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Ideal number of keywords for Google

Hello

How many keywords per page is best? between 5 and 10 ot 10 to 20 or we can have as many as we want ?
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by itsonlychand
    Hello

How many keywords per page is best? between 5 and 10 ot 10 to 20 or we can have as many as we want ?
    AFAIK for google it's 1.5% for Yahoo 3% of the page content
  5. My first avatar here
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

I use what ever i feal looks good in terms of the reading experience and sintaxis, people dont want to see websites that got the keywords all around a page, they want to see websites that inform them of what they are looking for.... what i try to do is try to implement my keywords to a paragraph, this way i can include them without affecting the reading process.... if you think about it ranking is important but also is very important that your future costumers feel good in your website, thats what marketing do... try to get your clients more attract to your products...so in the end i will have to say that 4-5% sometimes 20%, it can even be 40% who knows?... it really depends of your website type...but if you got 0% or 100% of keyword density, well there you will have a problem...
    I am a content scrapper. If you need to obtain and process big data, pm me.
    I have a multi-threaded spider that runs on several ec2 instances.
    I have been crawling twitter, and other big guys for a while. Outputs: SQL, XML, CSV, MYSQL, TXT
  7. My first avatar here
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

This article seems interesting:
    http://www.gorank.com/research/02192004_Yahoo_Google_Comparison_Density_Report.ph p?PHPSESSID=bfb23e5ca7e1e1b793bd96911910beb6
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Google:

Recommended title length is less than or equal to 150 chars.

Recommended description length is less than or equal to 200 chars.

Recommended keywords length is between 300 and 500 chars.

( According www.Mypagerank.net - google owned SEO tools website ) PageRank is owned by Google Inc
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

1.5% keyword density
    3% keyword density
    150 character title length
    300 - 500 words
    blah, blah, blah

All rubbish. Numbers like those mattered many years ago. They do not now and haven;t for a very long time.

Honestly, in order to get any information that will be helpful, you'll have to ask better questions. Questions like "How many keywords is best" can only be answered with worthless nonsense or "It depends". The latter is generally followed by another question, "depends on what?", the answer to which, if accurate, requires PAGES of writing.

Choose any keyword. Search for it. Count how many times it is used in each of the top 10 results. You'll want to use it at least as many times as the fewest found in that result set and no more than the number found in the most used. Do that test enough, and you'll find that the optimal amount is somewhere between 0 and 100. Do the test a few dozen time (or few hundred if you're slow) and you'll realize it is a pointless test designed to answer a pointless question.

The number of times you use a keyword on a page, in and of itself, has no effect on the ranking of that page for that keyword. It is only meaningful when considered in relation to everything else you do with that page AND everything else all the other pages competing for that keyword are doing.

It's like asking the meaning of life. The answers you get may be interesting, but they won't be helpful. If you must have an answer: 42

Comments on this post

• tstolber agrees

"Live never to be ashamed of what is written about you. Even if what is written is not true" -- Richard Bach

Yahoo Store SEO
  13. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Ah brandall thanks for answering the ultiamte question!

Yeah. I think this thread ahs been mis construed with answers about keyword density.

I read it as the number of keywords (terms) that you can target with one page.

The answer to that is 1 for the most effective page.

IF you are talking about keyword density then quoting numbers is pointless, make some good effective and high converting copy that reads well and it will out weight any miniscule bennefit you get from having the exactly density.

Think about it 25% keyword density, that means every other word is a keyowrd. So my keyword is every other keyword and the keyword I target is a keyword. (reads well doesn't it!)
  15. No Profile Picture

The fewer number of keywords you target per page the better. If you increase the number of (different) keywords targeted per page, each will get diluted.
    I hope I understood the question correctly. The question needs rephrasing to make it clear.

Comments on this post

• fathom agrees : Good advice!
  17. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Yeah a clearer question would be good.

As a rule I like to target one keyword per page. Of course there are always instances where one page will actualy fit and rank well for 2 keywords but as you say, generally it dilutes the relevance.
  19. Contributing User

Originally Posted by itsonlychand
    Hello

The answer is: Yellow
  21. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by SEOMumbai
    The fewer number of keywords you target per page the better. If you increase the number of (different) keywords targeted per page, each will get diluted.
    I hope I understood the question correctly. The question needs rephrasing to make it clear.
    Ya "1" per page is "1" key to success... you can have a page that ranks for multiple phrases but you should target a strategy that way.

99 times out of 100 "ranks" are based on "1 hit wonders" or a single page producing everything for the website [normally the homepage] - the problem there is the moment that one phrases drops in ranks most others do as well [they are all tied to that singular page].

This is where proper keyword research coming into play and how you should be structuring common phrases [thus pages] to support each other.

If for example you target >> search engine optimization << anywhere that "search engine" is used as a common denominator like: promotion, ranking, positioning, marketing the root page [of this section] would be best to be Search Engine and optimization, promotion, ranking, positioning, marketing, etc. would do substantially with the support of that root page - and because all the optimization, promotion, ranking, positioning, marketing, etc. unique pages all link towards to root - they in support help deliver ranks on multiple pages rather than merely the homepage.

Another section might focus on "marketing" as in

internet marketing
    web marketing
    website marketing
    online marketing

and the root "marketing" page help support the sub pages and vice versa.

PLEASE NOTE: the EXAMPLE is a truly bad example on keyword diversity and should not be use literally since most of the terms are synonymous with the same context literature therefore if you merely change the targeted term - you've created doorway pages - and not a good idea.

Nonetheless if have 5K distinct keyphrases that define your industry and searching markets - you're best bet is to have unique literature for each phrase [5k pages] and organize them in some meaningful fashion.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Just don't use the same keyword over and over again in your backlinks contest and everything will be allright.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well it depends... on the niche you have selected... but as far as keywords per page is concerned go for 3-4 keywords... so that google also gives weight to your keywords..

Manish
  27. No Profile Picture

Well, the following conditional statements will allow you to take the best decision for keywords per page:

Keyword with High competition : one keyword per page

Keyword with Medium competition : 2 keyword per page

Keyword with Low competition : 2-4 keyword per page

With respect to current strategy and to stay away from getting penalized by over optimization this is a fair decision in our hands
  29. Contributing User

mmnnn

So am I hearing you right!!!

I am doing SEO for a kitchen company... so obviously keywords like

kitchens
    fitted kitchens

are where i am aiming... which are high competition keywords

So are you telling me that in my keywords meta tag, I should just put one keyword in 'kitchens' and optimize that page accordingly???

this doesnt seem right??
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: