1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question I want to move from Blogger to WordPress

Hi, I own domain, which has valid page rank. And I want to transfer the content of its page from blogger to wordpress. I intend to hand-write the same information in the closest meaning. And then to set down the blog from blogger. Then to use the domain, I told for, as domain for the wordpress system. How does this will result over my seo in google?
  3. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Wordpress has given the option to import from blogger for a while now, see Importing Content WordPress Codex

Are you able to redirect your blogger blog to the new blog? If not you will loss any links you may have leaving you with only one option which would be to tell google of a change in address from your webmaster tools account, that's if you have your blogger url in google webmaster tools?

I haven't used blogger personally, so I don't know what options you have for redirects etc so you may want to wait for others to reply in regards to that, but I do know wordpress can move all the content for you so you can save yourself some time with the above line

Comments on this post

• SEOhostingcouk agrees
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You misunderstood me. I will not change the domain, in fact I will save it as it is. But I will set down the Blogger page and I will use the domain as address of the new blog with close content on WordPress. In other words, I will keep the same domain, but I will move it from Blogger hosting to new hosting, on which I will install WordPress.

And in this case, I want to know what about the domain trustworthy and PageRank. Will I lose ranks in Google search ? And what are other possibilities of that act?
  7. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Ah so you want to do a simply change of cms, not domain?

Well in that case, do as I mentioned above and let wordpress do the change of for you!

This is what I would do if I have blogger installed at domain.com and want to change to wordpress at domain.com

1. Install wordpress at domain.com/blog (you can tell wordpress to display your site at domain.com later).
    2. Import everything from your blogger install within your wordpress admin as I mentioned above.
    3. Check all your urls etc are the same, forgetting about the "/blog" part of the url as that will be fixed next!

You should now see a carbon copy of your blogger site in the new wordpress install, so now to replace your blogger site with this new carbon copy wordpress site all you need to do is follow the instructions here Giving WordPress Its Own Directory WordPress Codex which you will find a link to in your wordpress admin settings page for future reference

If you follow this exactly it will not effect your site at all because all you have done is changed the cms which will not effect your rankings in any way.

If you can't or don't want to keep all the urls the same don't forget to setup 301 redirects in your .htaccess so all old pages redirect to their correct new page.

If you need a hand with doing the change over feel free to ask as I have setup may wordpress sites and would be happy to offer my assistance if you require it.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ohh you said it. It will no affect your domain. That was what I tried to find out. However, I cleared my page from all of the links, before few weeks. The content is mainly, hand-written ( maybe all, but I am not sure ). I will simply re-write he content without copying it. So I change the system, but in this case google crawlers think that I have only to refresh my content and it will be re-crawled, probably. And guess what they will found? The wordpress comments, because I will use one-click installer, not my own hosting. I will first need to remove all the comments in the system. Give me some guidelines, what I should remove and save. Thanks in advance!
  11. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

I'm a little lost as to what you're asking now!

Have you already deleted all your content and simply want to start fresh with the same domain?

Post you url so I can see what you're talking about please, because this should be rather simple if you want to change from blogger to wordpress by following the above steps I mentioned, but you keep changing what you're asking lol
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

So I flunged. I first asked what will happen if I change the system, but not the domain. You said that the indexation will not break, if the content is the same.
    Now I ask how to clear the wordpress system. Is it good to delete all comments - /** bla bla WordPress.org **/, because every php file of the site has a lot of comments in it? Or now I have one idea, how can I backlink this content, with the purpose to prevent content scrapping?

Simply, I want to clear the links of wordpress, but I am not sure, in what to remove. All the comments or part of them?
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by wallkick95
    Hi, I own domain, which has valid page rank. And I want to transfer the content of its page from blogger to wordpress. I intend to hand-write the same information in the closest meaning. And then to set down the blog from blogger. Then to use the domain, I told for, as domain for the wordpress system. How does this will result over my seo in google?
    I would like to suggest one thing, don't delete account of blogger, just stop posting on that account and instead of posting you can start with WordPress and start posting on that. Or else you can keep same URL on WordPress also this can help you a bit.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Genious, but I think I must revert it to draft, because Blogger doesn't allow 301 url, as I tried to redirect my blog from the first domain to the current. So I won't delet the blog, but I will save content as draft.
  19. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by wallkick95
    hi, wallkick95. I see what you mean, but you're intending to turn the simple task into a tough one. Why do you want to rewrite all of the posts? Even copy/pasting would be easier! Actually, WordPress has a plugin that does 301 redirect all posts from Blogger to WordPress.

Why this is needed? Simply, because if you keep the domain, each particular post URL will change, so if users try to access it, they'll get a 404 error. Moreover, if you don't redirect, your rankings will be lost. Also, you can use a tool to import all your content from Blogger to WordPress, with no need to start from scratch. You can use the free one and migrate posts, categories and comments. Personally, I preferred a tool CMS2CMS, which migrates also pages, images, users and keeps internal links. It also is extremely easy to use, and has excellent support (which I couldn't get using the free importer).

So, good luck with your move~