1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I have a massive SEO problem.

I really need some help.

I have my shop, its a body jewellery shop called Piercing Pirate.
    It's on since april 2012 and the address is Piercing Pirate Body Jewellery - Belly, Tongue, Lip & more.
    The shop is hosted on SiteGround host and I use a shopping cart open source system called OpenCart, version 1.5.4.

If you go to Google and type "piercing pirate", the results show my shop normally.
    However, my main keyword, which is BODY JEWELLERY, doesn't give me any result. The shop is not even on the first 50 pages.

All my products and categories have the keyword, all my descriptions are relevant, I also post content on Facebook and Tumblr. I put keywords into the header.tpl code not leaving only the php code, but as well the actual keywords. The robots meta tag is done as well, the description too.

I sent some articles to some relevant pages to try and get some backlinks, I am building a Pinterest profile, because I've been told it is an amazing source of backlinks.

So, in theory, everything there is to be done regarding SEO is done, and carefully done but still I have absolutely no results whatsoever using my main keyword.

I know that getting on the 1st page of Google is not an easy deal but it is definitely weird that my shop is not even on the 50 first pages. It is specially weird because I have the keyword everywhere, not repeated more than once on each product.

I really need some help here guys, I don't know what else I can do. I think I am doing everything right but there is something definitely wrong, very wrong.

And obviously, this is being a huge problem, I have almost no orders because people don't find my shop. I get orders when I pay for Google or Facebook ads but since I'm not having a good return I can't spend that much money all the time.

Please, if anyone have any ideas of how to fix this, help me.

Thank you so much!
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

OK, so SEO is a process, your site is still quite new and your main keyword is quite competitive.

You will definitely need links - how many good quality back links do you have now?

If you have lots and lots of pages with lots of links from each page (as I imagine you do due to the E commerce shop software) you will be losing a lot of weight out from your back links.

You need to do some thorough keyword research and start targeting less competitive keywords to start ranking and generating traffic. This will also help you get better ROI from your Google AdWords and Facebook ads.

You can probably make a lot of use of social media and generate some link bait ideas to start gaining some back links.

You gotta ask your self this - if it was as easy as having a shopping cart and putting in keywords in the relevant areas - wouldn't mode people be internet millionaires? You are concentrating a lot on on-page SEO and not enough on off-page SEO.

There are many facets to SEO and you have only started with the basics. This forum is here to help, just try things, ask questions and do things methodically and you will get there.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Although there are several ways to answer this question, like talking about backlinks off site, and how you have diversified your on page SEO etc. The big part of this question is have you done your research on the current top 3 ranking sites for your terms. This is often overlooked, but you gain a wealth of insight as to how much, how little how fast, and by which methods to do SEO by looking at what Google has already rewarded to your competitors. A example of this is, if the top site has minimal backlinks, but the keyword is very competitive, you should look at how they structure their on page, and see how much social buzz they have generated. Sometimes its not just backlinks and optimizing your site, it may be traffic from social networks and just a few solid confirmation links that Google respects that could yield this result. Remember each keyword/niche is different. If you give to much to quick, and over optimize or look unnatural you may get undesired results.