1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hypothetical question regarding article writing.

Hey guys,

Me and another SEO buff in our office have been having a conversation about article writing and what would be the most effective method of posting them when discussing SERPS, should you have unlimited access to new, original articles.

If you had access to as many original articles as you wanted on topic for your keywords, what would be the most effective method to implement them?

For instance, my thought would be to keep a blog on your site, and only post original articles there that haven't been posted anywhere else. Then use one original article, per day, and post this article on a dozen different sites, all pointing back to your original blog.

But he says it would work better if you keep this same original blog on your page, and still post one original article to a dozen different blog sites. Only instead of all the backlinks pointing to your original blog, have them daisy-chained so that each site you post that original article on would point to the next blog site. (for example, your backlinks on your blogger dot com blog will point to this same article posted on another blog site such as thoughts.com, then this article on thoughts dot com would point to the next site, work dot com, and so on.)

Which do you think would work better and why?
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by thepmboutique
    Hey guys,

Me and another SEO buff in our office have been having a conversation about article writing and what would be the most effective method of posting them when discussing SERPS, should you have unlimited access to new, original articles.

If you had access to as many original articles as you wanted on topic for your keywords, what would be the most effective method to implement them?

For instance, my thought would be to keep a blog on your site, and only post original articles there that haven't been posted anywhere else. Then use one original article, per day, and post this article on a dozen different sites, all pointing back to your original blog.

But he says it would work better if you keep this same original blog on your page, and still post one original article to a dozen different blog sites. Only instead of all the backlinks pointing to your original blog, have them daisy-chained so that each site you post that original article on would point to the next blog site. (for example, your backlinks on your blogger dot com blog will point to this same article posted on another blog site such as thoughts.com, then this article on thoughts dot com would point to the next site, work dot com, and so on.)

Your method seems safer and more natural to me, personally.
    www.joshz.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email josh@joshz.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  5. Contributing User

Originally Posted by thepmboutique
    But he says it would work better if you keep this same original blog on your page, and still post one original article to a dozen different blog sites...

He's partially right because, that way, all the articles are unique. On the other hand, it would require a lot of work.

Regarding "daisy-chained links", I would't do that. The more natural, the better and link farms are not. I would always point to your site. ALL to ONE.

Google does not like duplicate content so my recommendation is to put as many unique and extended articles on your blog as possible. Put your efforts there and get deep links pointing to them. RSS feeds makes wonders.

After that, you can create shorter variations to use on article directories. For example, let's suppose that the articles on your site contains about 1000 words. You can create variations of 500 to 700 words to use on article directories.

HTH
    Last edited by Consultor; Aug 17th, 2011 at 01:57 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture

Agree totaly.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

It seems you have a good writing team,

I think you should post original articles on your blog and promote them on other niche related blogs.

If you post original article dozen of different sites, that will raise dupe content issue.

I quite liked the later idea but I am afraid that publishing same post on different blogging sites may hurt rankings of original post.