1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Angry Huge drop in search engine traffic

Between June 16 and June 17th our search engine traffic dropped from 49 000 daily visits to 25 000 daily visits in one day. We have looked in our google webmaster tools for error and so forth but there are no messages or noticeable issues.

We are trying to figure why all of a sudden this has happened. Our search engine traffic continues to drop and is now at 19 056 for July 3rd. Before the June 16th our search engine traffic varied between 44 000 all the way up to 50 000 daily visits.

According to our google webmaster tools our search engine queries impressions have dropped by 80% since June 16th. On the 16th we were getting 380 000 search queries impression compared to 70 000 on June 17th.

We used to rank 1 number for many keywords and now we aren't even appearing in the first 5 pages. In some instances keywords aren't even returning results when typing in a portion of our domain name. For examples if our website was domain.com the search would be "keyword(s) domain".

Our domain has been around since 2008 and we have always ranked really well within google. Something happened on June 16th that reduced our traffic dramatically. We need to figure out how to fix this problem so we can bring out traffic back up to normal levels.

We are wondering if anyone has any input on this matter. Have other people had the same experience as us?
    Thank you in advanced!

Our website can be found at the following url.
    bit.ly/aDbb8U
  3. Online Business Builder
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

The most possible reason is Google Panda 2.2 released on 16th June.

Comments on this post

• Doodled agrees : Apart from a small blog I see no original content
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Your website has very less content (only the description of the tv series)
    And this content is also copied from other sources... you can check it yourself, so many results for this snippet "Reality series where models compete in various challenges in order to win the title of "America's Most Smartest Model" and a cash prize."

You website is surely affected by latest Panda update.
  7. No Profile Picture

same issue with my site

Originally Posted by C.Rebecca
    Your website has very less content (only the description of the tv series)
    And this content is also copied from other sources... you can check it yourself, so many results for this snippet "Reality series where models compete in various challenges in order to win the title of "America's Most Smartest Model" and a cash prize."

You website is surely affected by latest Panda update.

same issue with my site please help it won't let me post the site right
    www my va refinance and ends with dot net
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by kjkj8444
    same issue with my site please help it won't let me post the site right
    www my va refinance and ends with dot net
    If you are effected by Panda there is no easy way back. You will have to start working on your SEO or hire a SEO Company
    Good Luck
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

drop in traffic

Originally Posted by chiragparekh
    The most possible reason is Google Panda 2.2 released on 16th June.
    our site (c.ittoolbox.com) is also experiencing huge drop since panda 2.2 was released. please advise.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

We are wondering if anyone has any input on this matter. Have other people had the same experience as us?
    Me too!
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I've waited three weeks to see the effect. I can't explain how our site got hit so hard.

http://www.boldplan.com/s/tiny/TfL7hF

I've read the FAQ about algorithm changes, etc. but decided to comment because now our large forum and faq of original, well crafted articles now ranks below offshore, keyword stuffed adsense blogs. It's not an issue of just "my site dropped" but about how to make sense of Panda 2.2 instead of in general terms and guesswork as to why some serious blows seem to have been handed out.

The problem is that there is no good explanation yet as to how and why these things have happened. Perhaps there is one minimal practice that may have been overlooked but that alone shouldn't be wreaking havoc. If you're making the rules then there really needs to be a good manual and warning on what will get you punished severely. After it happens there is no good way of making good.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

As it seems that this may be related to the new algorithm, then you may want to read this part from the Official Google Blog:

“This update is designed to reduce rankings for low-quality sites—sites which are low-value add for users, copy content from other websites or sites that are just not very useful. At the same time, it will provide better rankings for high-quality sites—sites with original content and information such as research, in-depth reports, thoughtful analysis and so on.
    We can’t make a major improvement without affecting rankings for many sites. It has to be that some sites will go up and some will go down. Google depends on the high-quality content created by wonderful websites around the world, and we do have a responsibility to encourage a healthy web ecosystem. Therefore, it is important for high-quality sites to be rewarded, and that’s exactly what this change does.”

I suggest bombarding your site immediately with quality original content if you dont want your rank to get even lower.

Good Luck
  19. No Profile Picture

I am having the same issue. Since I run an online eCommerce business do I have to put content on EVERY single page?!