Originally Posted by KnowOneSpecial
    You really need a good editor...
    ... or notepad++ (my favourite) ... or brackets
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Doodled
    ... or notepad++ (my favourite) ... or brackets

I use notepad++ myself, just finished my website for now I am going to see where it ranks after a few weeks with the new
    content and layout

I changed the main section to two columns, fixed my contact form (kind of not sure why the right side is cut off in full screen)
    had to create some new media queries in style.css for my new 2 column section, all seems to work fine and resize on mobile

my code could use tidying up which I was about to do, but fun fact, try loading Google into the HTML validator, it has a whole bunch of
    errors and warnings, so if invalid code is good enough for google!....
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by dwallis2012
    just finished my website for now I am going to see where it ranks after a few weeks.
    ... quality carpets anyone ......

Comments on this post

• Chedders agrees : lol
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Doodled
    ... quality carpets anyone ......
    BTW I did look at those wordpress templates etc

I do actually have this HTML5 one which is where my site started but got stripped away due to it having no room for any significant content
    -

https://themeforest.net/item/raw-res...mplate/6871524

I can go back to it but it literally ranked no where in google. Ofcourse its very nice to look at for users, but google didnt like it at all
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

heres something that completely stumps me with SEO maybe I am over analyzing it

a search for Cheshire Wedding Photographers (one of the biggest search queries relevant to me) brings up this site in 3rd place:

https://www.racheljoycephotography.co.uk/

now ok it looks nice but the Keyword doesnt feature ANYWHERE at all on the site?

SURELY being in Cheshire myself I can rank above this site without too much difficulty? or am i missing something (i probably am!)
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

a search for Cheshire Wedding Photographers (one of the biggest search queries relevant to me) brings up this site in 3rd place:

now ok it looks nice but the Keyword doesnt feature ANYWHERE at all on the site?

SURELY being in Cheshire myself I can rank above this site without too much difficulty? or am i missing something (i probably am!)

ok I give in

I WILL need to build a new site BUT how do I find out how well the template is put together regarding coding quality etc and page speed..

I am looking at this template - https://www.templatemonster.com/webs...ml#tab-reviews

It can easilly be adapted to my needs and very quickly. I just have no idea after I have put my content in if google will
    like it anymore than my current site (I know the users would like it more, but I still have to get them to find me!)
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Keywords on the Rachel Joyce website: Cheshire Wedding Photographers

I count 83 iterations of these keywords and their synonyms/plurals on the Home page of this site, alone.

That does not include any use of them in external link text.

Why can't you see them anywhere on the site?
    Last edited by JohnAimit; Oct 8th, 2017 at 05:40 AM.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by JohnAimit
    I count 83 iterations of these keywords and their synonyms/plurals on the Home page of this site, alone.

That does not include any use of them in external link text.

Why can't you see them anywhere on the site?
    if you load the page the ctrl-F and search for Cheshire Wedding Photographers, the phrase is nowhere to be seen. Is it in the code somewhere?

PS

I took lots of advice and having being likened to a cheap discount carpet shop....

feast your eyes, this is a days work, theres more pages I need to make (terms and conditions needs doing!)

but it is mostly functional, I do need to optimize the photos and improve some

not had a chance to even look at the SEO yet but I need to do a sitemap etc when I have managed to add some missing
    wedding pages

www.leonardo-studios.com

better than before, for some reason the carousel isnt responsive and it is supposed to be
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

if you load the page the ctrl-F and search for Cheshire Wedding Photographers, the phrase is nowhere to be seen. Is it in the code somewhere?

PS

I took lots of advice and having being likened to a cheap discount carpet shop....

feast your eyes, this is a days work, theres more pages I need to make (terms and conditions needs doing!)

but it is mostly functional, I do need to optimize the photos and improve some

not had a chance to even look at the SEO yet but I need to do a sitemap etc when I have managed to add some missing
    wedding pages

www.leonardo-studios.com

better than before, for some reason the carousel isnt responsive and it is supposed to be

after some very quick optimizing

I decided to download the google fonts and host them locally, this seriously sped up my pingdom results and lifted
    my google page speed in the orange. Still more work to do..

19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'm afraid you are misinformed about how G ranks "keywords".

Search engines put little ranking value on exact search queries. They assess how the individual words in search queries are used on a page and on those that link to them.

This is very easy to prove to yourself. Try a G UK search for:

Wedding Photographers Cheshire
    Cheshire Wedding Photographers
    "Cheshire Wedding Photographers"

When you include a search query in parentheses ("......") you ask G to only display pages that contain the exact search query.

You should find the first inexact query's top 10 pages rank in the top 15 places for the second inexact query. Little change.

With the exact match query there are only 5 pages from the inexact query listed in the top 10. All the other pages no longer qualify for the results list.

You can also see it with your own Home page ranking to the second and third examples. It's <title> includes, "Cheshire Wedding Photographers...".

For an inexact search it can only rank #67. For an exact match query it jumps up to #9. Essentially, that is because it has much more competition for an inexact vs. an exact search query. (Ref. The matching page numbers: 419,000 vs. 87.)

I suggest that if you can only rank #9 of 87 matching pages, whatever SEO tactics you think you are implementing, they are likely ineffective or counterproductive.

G ranking is about the visible text on the page and how relevant it is to the words in the search query. Then G is "scoring" the individual search query words on attributes like:

• Their use in the title tag
    • In the page URL and those that link to the answer page
    • In link text
    • Etc.

When analysing a page's use of keywords, I suggest you view G's cached version in text-only mode and search for the individual query words. That will show you words in image "alt" text that your method will hide. You will still need to check title and description tags and any indirect, consequential impact that site size may occasion on linked pages and their attributes.

In short, your entire SEO premise seems to be compromised by misunderstandings.

Does anyone know of informed UK-based SEOs who can offer ACCURATE SEO training at a reasonable price to Dwallis2012?

An over-simplified example: adamrileyphotography.com

This site's Home page ranks top for your inexact search query: Cheshire Wedding Photographers

Its Home page does not contain the exact search query so, it's not in the exact search query results at all.

One ranking attribute it does enjoy is that the site contains 762 pages that all link to the Home page and they all include the word "photography" in their URLs. (This is likely treated as a synonym by G.)

Your site does not include this specific ranking attribute. You will need to implement alternative SEO tactics if you want to kick the AdamRiley page from its top place in G.
    Last edited by JohnAimit; Oct 9th, 2017 at 04:20 AM.
  21. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I'm afraid you are misinformed about how G ranks "keywords".
    That makes 2 of you
    You will need to implement alternative SEO tactics if you want to kick the AdamRiley page from its top place in G.
    Adam Riley ranks well mostly because of the many hundreds of links that he has that are relevant to wedding photography.
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Oct 9th, 2017 at 06:21 AM.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

KernelPanic, are you saying that links are the #1 ranking factor still?
  25. Digital Marketing

Originally Posted by Digital Marketeer
    KernelPanic, are you saying that links are the #1 ranking factor still?
    Yes, that has not changed. #1 by a long shot. It's also the fastest way to make sure your website will never rank again.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Yes, that has not changed. #1 by a long shot. It's also the fastest way to make sure your website will never rank again.
    I'm going to screenshot this moment and frame it on the wall, haha.
  29. Digital Marketing

Originally Posted by Digital Marketeer
    I'm going to screenshot this moment and frame it on the wall, haha.
    lol Just because I recommend against building links for fear of wrecking your domain doesn't change that it's by far the biggest ranking signal, certainly not the only one, but a big one for sure.

Did you look at the Adam Riley links? Not sure how he's getting them all, (Hopefully not reciprocal) but they are spot on for the most part.