1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

How strange is this ??? Help needed please

I run a site basically based on oscommerce (php and a mysql database). Please find it here: http://www.cornelius-hansen.com/

The site was started in the present form Jan. 1. 2004 as an exchange for my "old" pure HTML page. Until four weeks ago it was indexed with about 40 pages with titles, description and content and link in google. The last four weeks (I have really tried to be patient) has looked like this http://www.google.com/search?q=+site:www.cornelius-hansen.com+php&hl=da&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&filter=0 The only page there's shown correctly in google is the index page. It shows up every day with the date of the day in green and normally with a PR2.

About 200 of my old HTML pages are still in google - many with dead links - they just won't go away http://www.google.com/search?hl=da&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=+site:www.cornelius-hansen.com

From my web log I can see googlebot are visiting my site (often very deep - on lowest product level) about 100 times every day.

I have tried to write to google and I have received a (very long) standard answer covering all known aspects of webdesign - not very useful.

Have anyone who might read this any knowledge, suggestions or solutions to this problem?

Cornelius

PS - I have been working on my link problem lately. Any suggestions to new links are welcome.
    Last edited by Hans_Clodhopper; Apr 26th, 2004 at 02:11 PM.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

for a few of our client sites aswell we have had problems with dead links just not dying, infact weve been waiting for dead links to disappear for about 6 months now, so you may have a fair old way togo, saying that google could turn around tomorrow and delete away dead link in the index... something tells me they wont
  5. Zen Master

This is a pretty common problem with dynamic pages. I've been seeing the results for "site:www.whatever.tld" coming up without a title and description for the last couple of months.

One funny thing I have found is that searching for terms specific to those pages brings up serps with appropriate titles and descriptions Do you find this with your site Herr Clodhopper?

I'm also getting a bit nervous about Google's results for the site search but haven't so far seen any reduction in traffic.

:grin:
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

This is a pretty common problem with dynamic pages. I've been seeing the results for "site:www.whatever.tld" coming up without a title and description for the last couple of months.
    I do have acces to a "tool" changing the url in order to make the url look like a HTML url. I'm not sure google would like it?

One funny thing I have found is that searching for terms specific to those pages brings up serps with appropriate titles and descriptions Do you find this with your site Herr Clodhopper?
    No - I can only find my site if I search for words used on my index page