#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    How to optimize for website image?


    Hello,

    How to optimize for website image?

    I'm buiding a website image relate to wallpapers, as you knew, image websites are very less text so is there any ways to optimize for this type website?

    Thank you
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    229
    Rep Power
    56
    I believe you're saying you have a gallery site. Essentially, you will be having quite a few thumbnails on each page. I would recommend using lossless compression on the images so there will be minimal loss of fidelity and the image filesize will be much smaller. This makes it take less time for Google to load the page. If you're using static pages (ie, the wallpapers are listed out on a specific category URL rather than search results) then I would also recommend setting an expiration date on each image so Google caches the images and doesn't need to reload them each time. This will also boost your site speed.

    As for the content issue, you can use alt text to target keywords. Think about what you would want the image or image page to rank for in search, based on relevancy, and use that keyword as part of the alt text. I'd still recommend putting a bit of content on the page, though.
  4. #3
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    67
    I advise 4 steps to optimizing images:

    1) Use keywords in the image file names. Example: star-wars-wallpaper.jpg
    2) Use keywords in the ALT attribute. For example:
    Code:
    <img src="star-wars-wallpaper.jpg" alt="star wars wallpaper" />
    3) Keep image files hosted on your domain name.
    4) Use keywords in text surround the image.

    Comments on this post

    • Test-ok agrees
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0
    Check them all.....
    Name Your Images Descriptively and in Plain English,
    Optimize Your Alt Tags Intelligently,
    Strategize Your Image Dimensions and Product Angles,
    Reduce the File Sizes of Your Images,
    Know Which Image File Type to Use for the Right Situations,
    Use Image Site Maps,
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by JoeHall
    I advise 4 steps to optimizing images:

    1) Use keywords in the image file names. Example: star-wars-wallpaper.jpg
    2) Use keywords in the ALT attribute.
    3) Keep image files hosted on your domain name.
    4) Use keywords in text surround the image.
    That's good tips. Do you think that keyword in file name will help images get higher rankings on google or search engines.?
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Adam.W
    I believe you're saying you have a gallery site. Essentially, you will be having quite a few thumbnails on each page. I would recommend using lossless compression on the images so there will be minimal loss of fidelity and the image filesize will be much smaller. This makes it take less time for Google to load the page. If you're using static pages (ie, the wallpapers are listed out on a specific category URL rather than search results) then I would also recommend setting an expiration date on each image so Google caches the images and doesn't need to reload them each time. This will also boost your site speed.

    As for the content issue, you can use alt text to target keywords. Think about what you would want the image or image page to rank for in search, based on relevancy, and use that keyword as part of the alt text. I'd still recommend putting a bit of content on the page, though.
    That's exact factors that you mentioned. I'm going to build a wallpaper website, a website template thus it has very more images on. Last time, I didn't care about image size but now it's very important with me.
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    Though you have explained it nicely, two thing I would like to put here:
    1. Write name of the image in caption
    2. Also put keywords in title of the image
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Newbie
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    use your descriptive keywords or long tail keywords (more than two words) in alt tag. this is the best way to get your image ranked in search engines.
  16. #9
  17. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    67
    Originally Posted by iTommy
    That's good tips. Do you think that keyword in file name will help images get higher rankings on google or search engines.?
    Yes!
  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Have you installed an image site map?
  20. #11
  21. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    1. Give the image a good title.
    2. Give the picture an alt tag.
    3. Create a good option.
    4. Create a reasonable filename.
    5. Consider other image platforms.

    These are several steps with which you can optimize your website image
  22. #12
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    3
    When you say give the picture a good title,are you referring to the "title" attribute that now many are using with img tags?
  24. #13
  25. No Profile Picture
    Newbie
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    It might sound strange, but recently I was doing a competitor research and I've found out that a lot of websites out there don't make use of meta-titles and meta-descriptions.

    I can't say that they are crucial, but they are an essential factor of a good on-page strategy though. Also, even if you're about to create an online gallery, you can always create a short description field for each image on your site - that would increase the amount of content on your website and you'll be able to slip some keywords there. Also, throw some tags on each image.

    I think the things I've written above might give you a satisfying boost into promoting your website. Good Luck ;)
  26. #14
  27. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up


    Originally Posted by Adam.W
    I believe you're saying you have a gallery site. Essentially, you will be having quite a few thumbnails on each page. I would recommend using lossless compression on the images so there will be minimal loss of fidelity and the image filesize will be much smaller. This makes it take less time for Google to load the page. If you're using static pages (ie, the wallpapers are listed out on a specific category URL rather than search results) then I would also recommend setting an expiration date on each image so Google caches the images and doesn't need to reload them each time. This will also boost your site speed.

    As for the content issue, you can use alt text to target keywords. Think about what you would want the image or image page to rank for in search, based on relevancy, and use that keyword as part of the alt text. I'd still recommend putting a bit of content on the page, though.
    i appreciate your work …. Thanks Adam. For my opinion, image with high quality does count.

Similar Threads

  1. How to Optimize image on Google search engine?
    By Arman in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jul 14th, 2010, 11:34 PM
  2. Whether we should optimize our company website or product website?
    By Alan123 in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Mar 15th, 2007, 09:16 AM
  3. How can I further optimize this image-based website?
    By miraclesinc in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 8th, 2005, 02:23 AM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo