1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Unhappy How Much Time Should I Expect to Start Ranking?

No way do I expect to be ranking high right out of the gate but after spending several weeks optimizing the website and putting a lot of focus on one specific (local) keyword (Roofing Contractor Fort Worth Texas) I'm still not even on the map!

It's been 2 weeks... Shouldn't I at least be ranking at this point? Even if it's 500th place, I feel like I should at least be on the map but Sem Rush nore aHref is showing a ranking.

I've checked site:website.com to assure I'm indexed (which I am)....

Does it just time to rank?

Thanks!

T
    Last edited by engine; Jul 24th, 2017 at 12:27 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Yes, it could definitely take some time. However, without knowing your domain, there could be other factors being missed. Also, note that the ranking factors for the map and organic listings are different. You don't need a website to have a map listing. You also said several weeks? Have you already created a GMB account, got the postcard from Google, and verified it?
  5. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Yea, it is hard to say without seeing the site. But Ft. Worth isn't that competitive of a market, so I would at least expect to be found. That is unless you are talking about a new domain. A lot of unknowns here..

I'll assume you are talking about ranking in Google. Have you checked other engines?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You can normally get some sort of ranking within a few days. What you actually need is a couple of inbound links to your new site to get it kicked off.

I have a well ranked site which I link from, in addition I add links to Google+, Twitter and Facebook and normally withing 48 hours of uploading a site map to Google Webmaster Tools for the new site, I will start to see some ranking and indexing.

When I researched the topic the sitemap forced Google to look at your site, but it was the in-bounds from the above sources which caused the quick index.

It then took a while to get the 'settled' rank...
  9. Contributing User

It is little harder to get ranking on Google so no need to worry, you said it's been 2 weeks, so I don't think it is enough time or long time you have worried about. Sometimes it will take too long to rank, so just focus on your work and avoid link spamming activities (if you are doing). If you do the work right way to your website, definitely it will be rank faster (faster doesn't mean within a week).
  11. No Profile Picture

In my experience it takes approximately 3 weeks - 3 months. It depends on the website so what you can do - just wait. This article is a good check-list - may be you've missed smth https://seranking.com/blog/10-steps-...dexed-quickly/