Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question How many Keywords can we target for 1 single page.

Hello Respected members & experts,

I need to understand about how many keywords can I target for 1 page for my E-commerce website(omved.com).

Currently I have decided to target 3 different keywords for 1 page of my website.

I need to know If this is the right. Else let me know the best practice.

Individual pages has around 500-700 words in it.

Thanks in Advance.
  3. Contributing User

It's a pretty simple answer, but it requires a bit of thorough research and thinking. You can target as many keywords as you want. Google doesn't care whether your 1-page article has 2 keywords or 15, it's important to make the article you wrote valuable - just give it value so that Google recognizes you as a trustworthy source (as far as giving away information goes). That's why almost every website has a Blog section - that's where all the good stuff go in&out.

Write useful pieces of text that relate closely to your website and e-commerce.

As far as keywords go, a good practice is localizing them - if you're targeting a specific US region, then you might want to add a city/country name next to your desired keyword.
  5. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hello Forsal,

I really think that you are thinking about this in exactly the wrong way.

Don't worry so much about "how many keywords should I use" or "what's the limit before it becomes too many," or things like that. Just write content naturally, for human eyes and minds, and in all likelihood you'll use the keywords enough times.

Keyword density, if that's what you're concerned about, has nothing to do with ranking and is pointless to worry about (unless you're stuffing the page with keywords, which is bad):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Rk4qgQdp2UA
    High Keyword Density

As for a number of different keywords on a page - I have to imagine that as long as they are relevant keywords they should be fine. That means that they should be relevant to what the page is actually about:
    https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/66358?hl=en
    https://www.mattcutts.com/blog/avoid-keyword-stuffing/

Hope that helps.

Comments on this post

• Doodled agrees
  7. No Profile Picture

Agree with mark, this is keyword stuffing. According to google wee can put content on website only related to our targeted keyword.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for the reply "Sandyjason" What Mark said is not keyword stuffing until you are using irrelevant keywords else we can use any number of relevant keywords in the content with one condition that the content should be readable and natural and not written just for keywords but for user's benefit.
    Originally Posted by Sandyjason
    Agree with mark, this is keyword stuffing. According to google wee can put content on website only related to our targeted keyword.
  11. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

It is possible and conceivable that you can rank for a keyword that isn't even mentioned on your page, you just have to be relevant enough to it and linked to from other resources that are also relevant (and likely contain the keywords).

Comments on this post

• Doodled agrees : Very true!
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks Man you are sounding so genuine and experienced...
  15. Contributing User

i agree the important thing is to provide value to the visitor visiting your webpage but if you want certain keywords that you would like your webpage to rank for then the best places to place them is in the title and meta-description but in a natural way and not keyword stuffed

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic : Sorry, not correct
  17. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

It depends on the competitiveness of the keywords and the strength of the website. One webpage can rank for hundreds of low competition key phrases.
  19. Digital Marketing

Originally Posted by Alnoor Verjee
    i agree the important thing is to provide value to the visitor visiting your webpage but if you want certain keywords that you would like your webpage to rank for then the best places to place them is in the title and meta-description but in a natural way and not keyword stuffed
    Meta description tags are not used as ranking signals
  21. Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Yep... for some reason it seems hard to get that message across sometimes: LINK
    Last edited by ClickyB; Oct 11th, 2016 at 08:29 PM.
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  23. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

You got great comments/responses here Forsal! I prefer focusing on writing great copies vs worrying about how many and how often should I insert keyword(s) in the copy. I still perform keyword research though and competitive analysis. I grab my list of keyword (synonyms - LSI), look at the page my competition is ranking for then I start writing the copy as naturally as possible and if my copy does not need to have a specific keyword added, then I don't worry about it and leave it off. So focusing on providing good copy that offers great value is the way to go, and not worry too much about how many keywords I could use, how often, and were exactly.

As far as the Meta description - I prefer focusing on my readers and how to get them to choose my site over the other and if I can add my targeted keyword in a natural way while still keeping the call to action concise and grammatically correct, then I would use it!
  25. Contributing User

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    I didn't say it was a ranking signal - i simply said placing a keyword in the meta description can help - all SERP results have a meta description and when the user types in a keyword in the search engine if the keyword is contained within the meta description they are bolded which shows google reads the meta description as well as the title and also url. At the end of the day the google algorithm is a machine and can only read data. If on page didn't help with rankings then surely everybody would be just putting all sorts of things in their metas and titles...
  27. Contributing User

Originally Posted by ClickyB
    Yep... for some reason it seems hard to get that message across sometimes: LINK
    can you please then let me know what the point of a meta-description is? I've always sprinkled in LSI keywords in the meta description and have had great results.
  29. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Keyword research is still an important part of achieving high ranking but you can just look at a keyword, use it in your content, and call it a day. What you need to do stop focusing too much on inserting a specific keyword in your content, and start focusing on user intent. I am not saying you should stop performing keyword research, not at all. You should still do keyword research and find out whether the keyword you plan to use matches user intent. Using a long tail query, you can target customers looking for a specific product or service, and that is where writing good and detailed content about your product will help you lure that customers. For example, let's say I am looking for a Dodge Viper. I am not going to use just 'Dodge Viper' in my query. I might use the year, the color, horsepower, MPG, and other configuration such as SRT, GTC, and GTS, and so on. So if you are selling Dodge vipers online, the more information you put about each viper your sell, the higher chances of getting listed on top of SERP. Of course I would not just put the description of the car, I would add a block (or two) for some content where I would talk about the interior, maybe what kind of experience you would have driving that car, and so on. Of course, that content has to be natural, free of typos and grammatical error, and I would use LSI.

So again, the more info you put about your products and in a natural way, you might even achieve high ranking for keywords you didn't even think about.

As far as the meta description, with some of my testing, Google (and probably Bing) will ignore it if the keyword is not including in your content. What I do is add the main keyword (or keyword phrase) in my meta description in order to increase my chances of Google using my description as the snippet.

In 2016 and beyond, we have to think of keyword differently as we previously did, and start thinking of our users intent.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: