Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture

How many backlinks I should create in a day?

I want to create quality backlinks for my website so can anybody let me know how many backlinks I should create in a day?
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

First of all you need to take care of the quality of links.
    Better one quality link per day than 10 bad links!
    BUT! If your site is young then I would advise receiving links with a little authority. Then gradually acquire links from more authoritative resources.
  5. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

BUT! If your site is young then I would advise receiving links with a little authority. Then gradually acquire links from more authoritative resources.
    You should always try to get high authority links or links that will generate highly qualified traffic.

I want to create quality backlinks for my website so can anybody let me know how many backlinks I should create in a day?
    You should be very careful when following this path, take a look around the forum and try reading some threads with similar questions, there are a lot of pieces of advice of what should not be done. Remember link building with the objective of artificially manipulate google algo to rank you high is against google guidelines (and why would spend time on it if not for that sole matter).

This might not be your case, but most of the people asking this type of questions didn't even took the necessary time to check On page SEO, UX,, content quality and shareability first. If this is your case you must start from there.
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta
  7. No Profile Picture

You should always try to get high authority links or links that will generate highly qualified traffic.
    A young site can not receive links from resources that are 20 years or more old. It will look non-existent. Links from sites 2-5 years of old age will be natural
  9. SeoRaptor

A young site can not receive links from resources that are 20 years or more old. It will look non-existent. Links from sites 2-5 years of old age will be natural
    If you are the best at what you do, are innovative, or lots of other things; then you could earn links from the best resources (websites) online I don't see any problem with that so if you can earn them, you should also be able to make some outreach to promote your content and build/earn a backlink.

Let's imagine you just created a company (and a website) for a new tech that you invented that will revolutionise medicine, then why wouldn't you get links from the times BBC, etc....

Let's put it another way :

I launch a blog and I write the most complete and comprehensive guide about on page SEO that was never published on the web.

Why would getting a link from moz would be unatural?
    Last edited by Pierre Benneton; May 4th, 2017 at 08:57 AM.
  11. No Profile Picture

In this situation i agree with you! But if everyone starts to abuse this, then several links from authoritative resources will bring a filter from Google.
  13. SeoRaptor

In this situation i agree with you! But if everyone starts to abuse this, then several links from authoritative resources will bring a filter from Google.
    Hard to abuse for authoritative sites with do follow links, and no follow links are useless in terms of SEO impact.

BUT Link building will most surely end up in a Penalty, I'll join you on that. For this reason, people should primarily focus on on-page SEO, content quality and UX. If all these factors are at their max, links will start coming in a natural way. Doing some outreach can help, but link building is very dangerous. On the other hand, if you ask me my feeling about backlinks I think they still have a high importance in Google ranking algo, this can be good or bad depending on the links profile. For this reason, I generally recommend to people not to build links.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

-3 links per day
  17. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Anchor text will have a huge impact to make a link look narural along with the other anchor
    text of other links on the site or articles. Not how old the link giving site is.
  19. No Profile Picture

How are you able to see if a website that linked you, has done so with a do follow or no follow link? We had Buzzfeed link to our website, but how do we tell if this is valuable for our SEO?
  21. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by Trouchie
    How are you able to see if a website that linked you, has done so with a do follow or no follow link? We had Buzzfeed link to our website, but how do we tell if this is valuable for our SEO?
    Seo Spy glass gives you that info.
  23. No Profile Picture

Simply adding links is a bad strategy. It's bad because you're just adding them for the purpose of manipulating search results. This isn't a moral question or opinion. I'm speaking only of what is effective. When Google figures out what you're doing, it will penalize you.

At least, that is what all the current experts say.

On the other hand, some Gray hat techniques are still used. Here's a good place to read. It explains how one person (not me) advises using PBNs in 2017. Lionzeal.com/pbn-guide

I don't recommend such a strategy. It's too much risk. It's also against google's terms.

Getting backlinks may not even be all that important. What? Why? Well, because Google SERP results may not be all that important. WHA????

Let me explain. I've studied a competitor who gets over 400,000 visits a month. But the main search terms for them are run only 10,000 to 50,000 times per month. This is a clue which indicates: Most of the traffic for the site is NOT from Google search. The traffic comes from the website owners engaging in the traditional hybrid content / social media: Reddit, Tumblr, gaming forums, etc.
    Last edited by Test-ok; May 6th, 2017 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Link, then approved
  25. No Profile Picture

You can also do the following. 1) Load the page at Buzzfeed which links to you. 2) Go to "View source" in your browser. You'll see a page of just text, with all the HTML markup. 3) Text-search this page for your link. 4) Look inside the <a Href > tag for your link. You can see there if it is marked "no-folllow". If it is not marked "no follow", then (correct me if I'm wrong), it is by default a "do-follow" link.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Seriously, try to attract relevant SE referrals without links.

Link building is the most dangerous, transient, expensive/time consuming and hardest SEO tactic to assess.

Most of G's upgrade penalties over the last 4 years have been aimed at people who built links artificially. 60% of SEOs got caught according to one survey of them and less than 10% ever saw a recovery of their clients' sites.

If you have to ask this question, I suggest you don't know enough about SEO to risk building any external links.

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees : Excellent post!
    • Pierre Benneton agrees
    Last edited by JohnAimit; May 8th, 2017 at 04:45 AM.
  29. No Profile Picture

It is hard to give an exact number. It depends on many factors.

If you have a 10 year old website with 2000 links, it wont matter if you make one or ten new links every day, but if your website is 3 month old and have 5 links, you should be more careful.

Its all about a natural flow.

Start nice and easy with a few links a week, then increase over time.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: