1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How long to Validate Fixes in New Search Console?

Does anyone have real world experience on how long it should take for Google to validate fixes using the new Webmaster Search Console?
    On March 4th, we got a message that we had no-index on 8 pages on our site map.
    The 8 pages had been crawled back on January 29th, about the time we first worked on building them.
    (Yes, we should have blocked them with robots rather than 'no-indexed' them, until finished)
    I scoured the pages and there was no 'no-index' on, in or around the pages. The 'no-index' had been removed at the end of development.
    So I click the button to have google check the fix and re-validate on March 6th.
    11 days later, the Console still reports that the Validation has been started.... viewing the details, I can see they still were last crawled on 1/29
    Is this taking longer than it should?
    Should my pages have been crawled since 1/29 under the normal speed of things?
    Should I resubmit my sitemap as well as marking them fixed?
    Any info appreciated!
    Mike
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Just to let you know....

March 6th was 5 days ago. So you couldn't have waited for 11 days.

Wait a while longer.. generally around two weeks minimum.

I would not expect to see the changes reflected till around March 20th at the earliest.. ie about 9 more days minimum.

Patience grasshopper.....
  5. No Profile Picture

oops... I was writing on the 11th... so yeah 5 days. I'm Mathematically Challenged. Probably qualify for some government program.

Thanks for the reply... I'll keep waiting a while. One of the hardest parts of learning all this is the different pace at which you see various results.
    I've uploaded site maps and seen them indexed with in a day or two. And.... Google touts this review system as providing much faster resolution to fixed pages!

Wax on, wax off, I suppose...
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes, you should wait for at least two weeks from the date of submission. And in the meanwhile, please cross check the robots.txt file and nofollow-noindex tags once again to see if they are blocking the crawler.
  9. No Profile Picture

Update, for folks with the same question... @KnowOneSpecial ... you nailed it. Validation actually started last night... March 25th... so 19 days after I submitted. I had 8 urls with the error.. now down to 5 remaining. Thanks for the input!
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

You are welcome, glad I could assist you.
  13. No Profile Picture

Ok... so here's another update.... My earlier post saying the validation had started seems a bit premature now. Out of 8 original problem urls, I still have 4 showing as awaiting validation. They still have the 1/29 date as the date last crawled..... going on a month now. I don't know if those pages are not eligible to be shown in serps or are restricted in some other way while awaiting validation. It seems odd that while crawling hundreds or thousands of pages on my site daily, Google can't seem to get the four actually needing verification.

Yesterday I went ahead and click on submit to index in the Validation Flow Progress box for each of remaining four. We'll see what happens.
  15. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

17. No Profile Picture

I had 8 originally... 4 processed on the day 21 and a 5th on day 24. The remaining 4 have sat there... now on day 44. It looks right now, using site search, that those 4 pages are not indexed.