1. No Profile Picture
    Sooner Fan
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

How to Imrove SERP on Long Tail Searches

Greetings from Oklahoma!

I posted the other day about a large project I am undertaking involving "used cars" as the primary keyword. Since it is such a competitive keyword, many in this and other forums recommended going after the long tail searches instead.

We are now working on creating landing pages for each major city, i.e. (URL address blocked: See forum rules)/region/oklahoma_city, for example. What are some ways to target each individual city locally to get it up on the search for "Oklahoma City Used Cars"? That particular search had 20k yahoo searches last month, for example.

What would you do if you were me? I would like to be on page 1 for the city searches as quickly as possible.
  3. Ditzy
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by DiffeeOnline
    Greetings from Oklahoma!

I posted the other day about a large project I am undertaking involving "used cars" as the primary keyword. Since it is such a competitive keyword, many in this and other forums recommended going after the long tail searches instead.

We are now working on creating landing pages for each major city, i.e. (URL address blocked: See forum rules)/region/oklahoma_city, for example. What are some ways to target each individual city locally to get it up on the search for "Oklahoma City Used Cars"? That particular search had 20k yahoo searches last month, for example.
    ...two different animals there, ...used cars and cities. Are you saying you want to targeting cities for keywords? Seems like misdirected attention. Long tail for cars would be names for cars, car slang, etc. Generate content for long tail then split into cities if you wish but....

Originally Posted by DiffeeOnline
    I would like to be on page 1 for the city searches as quickly as possible.
    ....you have some lofty desires there. Are you in it for the long tail or the long term?
  5. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

http://www.distinctseo.com/blog/seo/ppc-arbitrage-seo-thoughts-and-hints-creating-unique-keyword-data-sets/

http://www.distinctseo.com/blog/seo/ppc-marketing-and-long-tail-analysis-rebuttal/ - Garythescuba guy wrote this one.

http://www.distinctseo.com/blog/seo/long-tail-criticisms-applications-for-seo/

Comments on this post

• fathom agrees