1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How google find where is my website located?

Dear all

Hi, I have a question about how google find out where in my website located.

The problem I faced here, my server is located in US, however I registered a malaysian domain name which is something like (URL address blocked: See forum rules)(my company also have an US domain name like (URL address blocked: See forum rules), but the contents are same) The two websites contain same things and both IP are US IP.

when I search my website in google.com.my, my website only displayed on 5th page. But when i use google.com.. my website (the .com one) goes to 2nd page.. I tried in many many ways to push my .com.my website up (bcoz it shouldn't be that worse if it can get some higher place in .com) but I failed. There are some experts from another SEO forum told me, the only way to push my .com.my website up is to remove my server (.com.my) and setup another new server in malaysia, this is the onli way google.com.my will judge my website as a malaysian website. But it is a bit difficult for me to do in this way.

Is there any other way I can do? pls help me....
  3. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Google is a registrar and can tell where your server is located. If you want better SERPs in a specific country then moving your server there would be a good idea.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  5. No Profile Picture

many thx to you, EGOL

I exactly agree with you. But there are a bit difficult for me to setup another server in Malaysia. Is there any other ways to help google understand although my IP is in US, but my Domain name is .com.my, hence, my website should be considered as local website.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by EGOL
    Google is a registrar and can tell where your server is located. If you want better SERPs in a specific country then moving your server there would be a good idea.
    I see no connection between google as a registrar and the fact it can know where the server is located...I mean.. you don't need to be a registrar to know that.
  9. No Profile Picture

So do u means there is no way else rather than move my server out US?