1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

How to remove or adjust Google businss listing?

I have an old business listing, I made years ago to Google Places. It's showing up suddenly at the top of page 1 for my name search. I would like to not have that come up. It's kind of confusing the current method of achieving that? What can one recommend? Thanks. In the past, you would just claim the page and suspend the account. Now I think you suggest edits, or close the business, but then you cannot claim it? So I'm a bit confused thanks.
    Last edited by kevs; May 8th, 2016 at 03:45 PM.
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hello,

According to this thread: https://productforums.google.com/for...ps/xDJVdjnkxHY everything has migrated to Google My Business.

GMB has a page about it here: https://support.google.com/business/.../4569146?hl=en

I'm not an expert in this area though - but I feel like Google My Business is probably the avenue to investigate.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Thanks Mark, I found those too. Google Places/Local used to be very easy to claim listing, edit the listing, suspend it delete it, but Google my Business is very cryptic. If anyone know a lot about how it works now, please post, and if there is a direct phone or email to them let us know. thanks. How do claim a listing, and then adjust things? Then if want to delete, it has options, one is Private, what does that mean? If delete, will it stay away from your current brand/ name, not come up results anymore? Would be nice to ask them direct. I suppose not enough people yet have tested to know how works..?