1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How does Google see content in pages not exist?

Hi, guys, when i am doing some broken link building, i suddenly think that what if i copy all the content from pages that do not exist (catch from Way Back Machine)? How google will judge? As duplicated?
  3. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

What's broken link building?
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    What's broken link building?
    You find some link pages or resource pages related to your niche, then run link analysis to find the outbound links, pick out the 404 pages, check them in Internet Archive: Wayback Machine to see what they were, if the pages just targeted at your niche, you create a similar page or prepare your own page at your website, then write an email to the webmaster of this link page or resource page and ask for replacing 404 links with your new page. That is the general idea of broken link, i learned from internet. Hope i made it clear.
  7. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by Jack Huang
    Hi, guys, when i am doing some broken link building, i suddenly think that what if i copy all the content from pages that do not exist (catch from Way Back Machine)? How google will judge? As duplicated?
    I would be more worried about the legality of this than Google's bot.

Do not copy. Period.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I agree with JoshZ here - the legality of what your are suggesting is highly questionable. All it's going to take is one webmaster whose link was replaced by a link to a different site with HIS content and you may get reported.
    A DMCA request sent to Google is only going to bring the site under further scrutiny. Bottom line, that's a VERY high level of risk for a handful of links into the site. I strongly recommend that you do NOT copy other peoples content or spin other people's content. There's nothing wrong per se with Broken Link Building, but do the webmaster a favor and write a BETTER piece of content than the original. He'll have even more reason to link to you.

Hope that helps.