1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

How Do You See IP-Based Search Results in 50+ Metro Areas?

The company I work for has 600+ sub-domains with city-based names. The overall root domain receives 2 billion PVs (yes, billion!) a month, with varying degrees of traffic for each city. Some cities have under utilized potential, whereas others with backlink authority have great results. I want to close the gaps and garner more traffic for the cities that have the potential.

My question is, I would like to check Google rankings for our major marque keywords, and act as if I am sitting at my computer in 50+ metro areas so I see the true IP-based results . How would I do this? Is there an specific sites or software that can be used that will act as if I am in those cities and show me results based on that?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Location settings - Web Search Help

Preferences

As to how accurately it overrides other results with true local results is questionable, but it seems to be the only legitimate way short of having a proxy IP near every city.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

From my understanding, it looks you want to search through ip that are city specific and google search lists to be accordingly. But as far as my logic says, google would not have any such algo which would filter results according to city based ip. I believe there should be no such major change in results. City based search are purely on keywords like seo company in florida or seo company in new york. Please correct me if i am wrong.
  7. justanotherseoguy

seostew, from the SEO tools with geo location support mentioned here, I know that Rank Tracker allows you to specify state, region and city for US queries.
    As ALorenzo said, I'm not sure you'll get the same results you'd see if you were physically present in a particular city, but that's probably the closest you can get with any software.
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hey Stew,

The best way out is to use proxy tools to see the search result, I use a premium proxy tool called GeoEdge which helps me in such scenarios. It's very useful and easy to use. I get the result similarly that will be shown to the user searching from any other location. It provided 120+ location.
    Link: GeoEdge | Your Competitive Edge to know more!

let see if this solves your concern!

Regards,
    Thomas