Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

How do you choose best keyword?

Hey guys, so I have taken a few SEO courses to try to start ranking my new pc repair site. I have researched the kw's using
    google planner and google search so I have quite a few.kw's for each service separately. Problem is, the courses I took doesn't
    really tell me how to choose THE BEST kw out of the list so I would like to ask for help from any of you pros here please?

I have uploaded a screenshot of the excel sheet here: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

can anyone please have a look and tell me 2 things please,
    first exactly which one kw would be the best for my "Mac repair" page title and second, which top 4 kw's should I choose for that
    page's content but most importantly I would need to know exactly why those 5 kw's were chosen so I can apply that knowledge to
    my other services myself. I will greatly appreciate any help you guys can offer to teach me how to do this please, thanks.

p.s. I did not add my 'location' to any of the search words because my courses taught me that google will show only local searches
    first in the SERPs anyway?
  3. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I did not add my 'location' to any of the search words because my courses taught me that google will show only local searches
    first in the SERPs anyway?
    False, If you want to push local result the right way. To achieve this is implement microdata and make sure your NAP is consistent across the web.

how to choose THE BEST kw
    First of all choose the keywords you would type if you were looking for such a service.
    Then analyse competition run a quick competitor on page SEO analyses to see if they easy to outrank. "low" competition doesn't mean easy rank but few competitors.

Use the remaining keywords for blog posts eg install el captain and propose "have a pro install it for you" image redirecting to your service page.
    Owner of Bennetonable | AdWords certified - Analytics qualified
    On-Page SEO Cheat Sheet | "My opinions are my own. Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
  5. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Keywords hold a lot of importance

Keywords hold a lot of importance for both an SEO worker, writer as well as one, who searches for a topic or the other.
    Google or any search engine machine for that matter, brings before a user only those contents, which have the required keywords used, appear in it the maximum number of times.
    Similarly, a searcher in accordance to what one is searching for, wants maximum results, in the least number of clicks.
    Google and other search engines, working on this philosophy, requirement of a searcher, present before one high quality contents, stored in their data, according to following the keywords' route and high preference for them in the eyes of Google and other engines, catered to by a company or the other into the SEO business, had tried and served to its responsibilities in an effective, efficient way, in the right earnest in complete totality.
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Apr 26th, 2016 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Small mistakes here and there in the typing process
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Pierre Benneton
    False, If you want to push local result the right way. To achieve this is implement microdata and make sure your NAP is consistent across the web.
    Thanks for the response, let me address this first please, sorry not understanding what you mean by "implement microdata" and second what is "NAP"?
  9. SeoRaptor

what you mean by "implement microdata"
    Microdata is additional information you can code on your pages to help search engine understand your content. As an exemple, this is the way you add the star rating in SERPs (adding the code doesn't mean it will show in SERPs, it's up to Google to decide, as always).
    For more info and full available features check out http://schema.org/ local business section

what is "NAP"
    NAP stands for Name Address Phone
    Last edited by Pierre Benneton; Apr 26th, 2016 at 07:36 AM.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

First of all choose the keywords you would type if you were looking for such a service.
    Then analyse competition run a quick competitor on page SEO analyses to see if they easy to outrank.
    Thanks for the info/help in your previous post! That's the problem, there are many kw's I myself would type if I were looking for a service so how would I know which is the best kw for my page title and the top ones for my page content?

Also, by analyzing the top competition here, what exactly will determine if they will be easy to outrank, what I am looking for specifically please?
  13. SeoRaptor

by analyzing the top competition here, what exactly will determine if they will be easy to outrank
    You should analyse on page factors such as title, semantic, etc... check out this thread it will give some tracks

So how would I know which is the best kw for my page title and the top ones for my page content?
    What I would do is use a generic keyword for your page title and then mix main keyword, keyword alternative and long tail keywords in the content.
    As you don't really know how to optimise content i'd recommend you to write your content first, then have someone (non professional) read it, modify it according to the person feed-back and then optimise it or you risk writing content for google and not for your potential costumers which is not a good thing.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

check out this thread it will give some tracks
    Sorry I am not seeing your link?

My course shows to:

Start with easy to rank low competition [possibly low search] but "highly targetted" kw's

I am not understanding how a kw can be both low competition yet highly targetted, how do I determine this please?
  17. SeoRaptor

Sry my bad forgot to add the link... such an idiot some times... but here it is http://forums.seochat.com/search-eng...ow-484773.html

I am not understanding how a kw can be both low competition yet highly targeted
    It's easy, ill give you an exemple (for a french website i'll just translate the keywords)

I have a business website where I sell SEO services. One of my pages is a form to ask for an inquiery, As you can imagine this page is important for my site.
    For the french searches, "SEO" is a widely search, hard to rank, a vague keyword while "Devis SEO" (seo inquiery) is highly targeted for my page content, low search (between 70 and 100 searches a month). Can't say competition is low thought because even if only few professional try to rank for this keyword, i'm facing only SEO companies, that know their job.

Generally the more targeted (specific) a keyword is the less it is searched in confront to more generic keywords.

When looking at "low" competition programs generally use a simple equation kei (keyword efficiency index), number of searches/ number of competitors the higher the number the lower the competition (it's a bit more complexe but that's the idea). You can have low but very hard competition.
    Last edited by Pierre Benneton; Apr 26th, 2016 at 09:40 AM.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks. Way I am seeing it, I had thought there was some factual formula or data to choose your best kw's but there's nothing, choosing the best kw's is simply a 'guessing' game, is this right?
  21. SeoRaptor

KEI is an indicator and you can only find keyword suggestions, the rest is testing and analyzing results.

The best Keyword is the one that make you generates the most money but this will also depend on your content and it's conversion rate.

So unfortunately no there is no easy way... Too broad keywords will convert less than specific keywords but at equal ranks they will bring more trafic. I personally prefer less trafic but high quality visitors, but a lot of so-called SEOs will try and generate as much trafic as possible without even thinking about conversion.
    Last edited by Pierre Benneton; Apr 26th, 2016 at 10:41 AM.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

So just by looking at my list, no way to tell which would be the best ky to choose for that page's title? If not, how would "you" go about finding that one kw please?
  25. SeoRaptor

Let's try and find out, I would include mac repair in your page title but mac repair is not a page title per se, so to make a good appealing title we need to understand you page content. Is your page the final service page or di you have more specific pages for Imacs macbooks etc... What's your competitive advantage vs your competitors, quality, speed, price?
    By the way is your site a business site (service provider) or an e-commerce selling parts changes things.
    Last edited by Pierre Benneton; Apr 26th, 2016 at 10:59 AM.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well, I have:

Keywords Ave. Monthly Searches Competition

mac repair nyc 260 medium
    nyc mac repair 20 medium
    mac computer repair 10 high
    apple repair nyc 140 medium
    apple computer repair nyc 20 high
    apple repair 1300 low
    apple computer repair 110 medium
    apple mac repair 30 medium

as the top generic repair kw's. I want to specialize only on mac osx install/reinstall/repair and mac virus repairs so will be creating a
    separate page for each of those 2 services. My angle will be all 3 [quality, speed and pricing]. I am only a service provider. I can add
    an enticing word such as 'affordable' or 'best' e.t.c to any of those but can you tell me exactly which kw you would choose and why
    please?
  29. SeoRaptor

I'll have to think a bit about it just give me a little time and i'll answer you, I need to do some quick research first.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: