Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

sure, nor rush at all, appreciate it.
  3. No Profile Picture

Ask yourself if the keyword is relevant to your website's content? Will searches find what they are looking for on your site when they search these keywords? Will they be happy with what they find? Will this traffic result in financial rewards or other organizational good? If your findings are YES, then go for it.

Also try and identify your competitor's keywords. Find out how they are performing for these particular keywords that you want to target. By doing so, you may be able to redirect some of their traffic towards your site. There are tools, such as SEMrush, Keyword Spy, etc that gives you the opportunity to find that.

P.s. It's better to target and optimized keywords with a MEDIUM SEO competition rate than HIGH ones. You can optimized them and try to get all the search average directing to your site or content.
  5. No Profile Picture

My opinion is a bit out of the line with the discussion you're having. In my op, it's best to target mid-tail keywords with considerable search volumes, create epic content around that keywords, and then promote that content.

A while back, long tail keywords were the way. But now, I just find that authoritative blogposts just rank for all LSI keywords. It's best to create and publish and then promote one skyscraper than publish and promote short 500 word posts.

For example, there were tons of keywords that we could have chosen for our popular Facebook Image sizes and dimensions Cheat Sheet infographic (techwyse.com/blog/infographics/facebook-cheat-sheetsize-and-dimensions/). But we chose the keyword Facebook image sizes, which has a very high competition because of the overwhelmingly large number of similar resources. But it still manages to drive in a lot of traffic (in fact, it's one of our most popular pages), and ranks because of the link building and infographic promotion we do.

Focus on a mid tail keyword, period.

Also about the money value of the keyword, the CPC in Google Keyword Planner is the most accurate measure of how valuable that keyword is, or how much of a buyer keyword it is.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: