1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

How do I get work if Google think I am spammer

Hello,

I design and develop websites and one of the way to get client is by releasing free themes / templates and leaving link to our site in footer. I have now millions of backlinks but again that means my site has no organic traffic as google has penalized it for too many links (I guess so). Now, question is simple, I am giving people something for free and return I want them to have my link, certainly anchor keyword is important but more than that its for my business, to get more clients. I don't think that looking for more client through free work is wrong... from those free link people come to my site and buy premium themes / design if they wish so, my site has some natural activities too as it has a forum. But as its been penalized , that is going vein.. now what should I do, ask google to reconsider my site?
    Using disvow tool is not practical, I have millions of backlinks form thousands of domains !!!
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

And do they all have the same anchor text?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

They are related to your site? I guess not... Why you don't release themes related to your site/business? Example templates for people blogging about web design and SEO. Plus you should avoid sitewide links. I was reading one day on SEOMoz one article about this. Check there for the article.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

@testok
    Most of the time they have similar anchors, generally like this : ABCdesign by XYZfirm
    Were "ABCdesign" links to actual download for that device and XYZfirm always links to my main site.

@sepeak,
    Yes I have done that but people generally modify them as per their need and use for variety of subject, currently I am seeing their are millions of links form non-english site, I even get non-english ads on my site from adsense in forum !

Any case or happened previously where we can actually request google and tell them situation, certainly I am not buying paid links.. however, yes it creates lots of links.. I am sitting here and I am sure every minute new links are being added..
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I am discovering that google has disvalued more links which I was targeting from years. It appears simply getting too many links (even if long period of time) with same keyword is bad thing..
  11. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by Ricky
    I am discovering that google has disvalued more links which I was targeting from years. It appears simply getting too many links (even if long period of time) with same keyword is bad thing..
    Sounds more like you may have over done xyz keyword as your anchor text which is something google has warned about for a while now as its a sign of building links not earning them.

I am seeing their are millions of links form non-english site, I even get non-english ads on my site from adsense in forum !
    Might be worth using the disallow tool to remove those links and let google know you are checking where your free links are coming from. I know you say you have a lot of links from your free templates, but if you want your site to survive in google you need to keep up with removing the ones which are harmful to your site!

This is always a risk when placing a link on anything free you give away including templates and widgets etc so you should do two things to try and help combat the risk of bad links:
    1. Keep an eye on all new links and use the disallow tool now that google have given you the power to tell them you don't want them to count xyz link!
    2. Change how your links are placed on these free templates, make it so you can change them, IE have that link area of the template grab the links from a file on your site so you always have access to remove or change all the links on each theme.

For example, with option two have a new private folder in your site /public_html/themelinks and place files in each of those which contain the links for each individual theme so you would have something like:
    /public_html/themelinks/theme1.php
    /public_html/themelinks/theme2.php
    /public_html/themelinks/theme3.php
    and so on, where you can change the code for your links on each of the themes, meaning if theme2 in particular is used on a large number of spam sites, you can simply remove your link from /theme2.php which will in turn remove your link from all the sites which are using that theme!
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I can't control theme once its download.
    However, what I can do is change anchor text daily for theme packages / free design using some programming or may be manually. However, also when you have submitted a free design to some design directory / repo, you can't change it often.
  15. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by Ricky
    I can't control theme once its download.
    However, what I can do is change anchor text daily for theme packages / free design using some programming or may be manually. However, also when you have submitted a free design to some design directory / repo, you can't change it often.
    You can control areas of any theme if you tell it to include the files on your own web hosting like I mentioned above!

For example, lets say I had ftp access here, I could upload theme.php to this site and simply tell the free theme to include seochat.com/theme.php in the footer, I would then be able to change theme.php here which would in turn update on any site which uses that free theme.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Nathan I understand what you are saying but places where I submit themes have certain guidelines and also if I try go get the way you asked, I will have to buy a dedicated box just to handle those request as would be millions of them ;) ..

Anyways, now I am in plan to start a place to sell my designs / work in more organized and proper way however, since my current domain has been penalized , I am considering to start at new place, what do you think , will it be good idea , though then I will not link it in free themes but then again question is that I will not able to take advantage of free work. !!!