1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How to create deep-link?

I have read it is a natural backlink, which is alone in one site from the same niche as linked page, isn't it? But if I get one link from a site of my page niche, do I need to link this page? What I mean, for example I get a backlink from cars.car to my bmw.car page. Must I create link on my page bmw.car to cars.car to establish a deep-link? Please tell more about. Thanks in advance!
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

A deep link is a link that goes to a page or location deep in your structure. Rather than it going to your home page.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Then is this a pro of multi pages sites?
  7. SEO Since 97

Originally Posted by wallkick95
    Huh??
  9. rod@missionop.com

In the simplest of terms... sure but reality is not simple.

If you look at SEO value and link development "at the homepage"... almost every keyword related link would be unnatural... natural links at the homepage would be anchored like: http://www.yourdomain.com, or your business name, or click here, read more, www, check this out, my pick, vote, id=54568... these are "natural-based links" without any direct massaging for SEO ranking value.

Those natural links are also common as deep links but you could get some keyword base links directly to deep pages because a deep page isn't so broadly focus of topic (it is almost always very specific) which lead people that will naturally link to it because of the associated content value to their domain is gear to the actual phrase... but while you might want Search Engine Optimization to the page they might make it Search Optimization, or Optimization, or Search, if Search Voodoo called OPTIMIZATION OR not exactly what you desire.

SEO Practitioners don't need to be keyword unnatural because the value of internal navigation can offset the less desirable anchor of "natural links" because Google will never see your internal navigation as paid links or advertising links (without the rel="nofollow" attribute thus seen as unnatural links) because they are internal linkage but they filter the lousy anchor value of natural links into premiere value of unnatural without the stigma of being devalued (by PENGUIN or Manual Action).

Course... you really need to use your brain to understand this stuff.
    Last edited by fathom; Dec 13th, 2012 at 05:31 PM.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Umm, it's clear now. But I also need to know one more thing. Where can the link stay? In the same page or at another one.
  13. SEO Insultant

Where can the link stay? In the same page or at another one.
    Same page as what?

Comments on this post

• fathom agrees : I can't make sense of that quote either!
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by fathom

SEO Practitioners don't need to be keyword unnatural because the value of internal navigation can offset the less desirable anchor of "natural links" because Google will never see your internal navigation as paid links or advertising links (without the rel="nofollow" attribute thus seen as unnatural links) because they are internal linkage but they filter the lousy anchor value of natural links into premiere value of unnatural without the stigma of being devalued (by PENGUIN or Manual Action).
    So in the current SEO climate would it be very bad to have a lot of keyword anchor text links coming into a site?
  17. No Profile Picture

Sorry I should clarify my question... what percentage of natural links vs keyword anchor text links is a good ratio to have?

As I ask this I realise there is a major Google update happening but still, any opinions are welcome.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by dzine
    Same page as what?
    I mean the link is on the same domain, e.g. grow.com have a link, which is deep-link for grow.com/archive/statistic-2009/adolescence.php. So I asked, Is this a deep-link or not.
  21. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by Jeremy-SEO
    So in the current SEO climate would it be very bad to have a lot of keyword anchor text links coming into a site?
    No necessarily true. I work with SEO Pracitioners that work with SEO customers that demand $$$$ from the strategies I create. In this context, you tend to stay away from PENGUIN land and rarely venture towards its shore.

But when you make nothing from a domain or you believe the risk are worth the taking you can explore and exploit much more and you may even beat Google at Google's own game.
  23. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by Jeremy-SEO
    Sorry I should clarify my question... what percentage of natural links vs keyword anchor text links is a good ratio to have?

As I ask this I realise there is a major Google update happening but still, any opinions are welcome.
    Your question cannot be answered.

What might be a value for today can be different than tomorrow to start with.

Your question also begs the rationalization that you intend to exploit unnatural links anyway in order to get ahead and hiding them in the mix of naturally occurring one.

You best bet... "IGNORE THE ANCHOR TEXT ON EXTERNAL LINKS" or make every single anchor a "one opt" then do this...

1. Don't link directly to the page you desire the ranks
    2. Link to another page that is indirectly related
    3. On that "link to" page place your "exact match anchor" and link to the page you desire the ranks for.
    4. DISCLAIMER - ensure #3 is the first link on the page (from code top left to bottom right) or it won't make a difference.

Design Linking... it is best to do this (the indirect links) to an internal website blog for the best flexibility.

Comments on this post

• Jeremy-SEO agrees : Sound advice clearly from an experienced SEO
  25. rod@missionop.com

I mean the link is on the same domain, e.g. grow.com have a link, which is deep-link for grow.com/archive/statistic-2009/adolescence.php. So I asked, Is this a deep-link or not.
    Deep Linking is usually reference when a domain (on any page) links to a completely different domain deeper than or "other than the homepage".

You just described an "INTERNAL LINK"
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks, that was what I wanted to understand.
  29. No Profile Picture

Your question also begs the rationalization that you intend to exploit unnatural links anyway in order to get ahead and hiding them in the mix of naturally occurring one.
    Firstly thanks for the answer, I think I am gaining a better understanding of what linking means to a site.

However rather than having an intention to exploit unnatural links, I'm trying to figure out if the link building being done by an SEO team in the company I work for is being done well. Maybe you can help me analyse the work they are doing? It's for an e-commerce site selling physical products (in the UK).

There is a board in the SEO room with the link targets for the week. The targets are specifically the search terms the team are targeting for the week, along with the number of links they want to generate for each term. There are 2 main terms they want x5 links for, and 2 lesser terms they want x2 links for.

The link building consists of searching along the lines of 'keyword/s' and 'guest blog'. The guys find a relevant blog and check the pagerank, and if it's all okay we write a 400-500 word article and put links in. I would say 80% of the links are anchor text of our keyword search terms, and 10% are the keywords but with our brand name, and 10% are our domain name with the www and some with the full http

Depending on the PR of the blog we pay $30 to $60 per post.

Does this sound like good link building strategy for an e-commerce site?