1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

How bloody can i rank my keywords?

Hi Everyone,
    I am not a SEO expert but i have been reading a lot seo articles on SEOMOZ and some other sites but still i can't get any success for my keywords. I have targeted keywords but only 2 of them is appearing on between8-10 page and they are long tail keywords and for short ones i am not even on first 100 page. Also keywords are not ranking for category pages only for home page Steps i followed so far for seo;

1- google sitemap
    2- hubpages blogging (5 articles so far) and got 3 backlinks
    3- on site blog ( 4 articles so far and 15 more is on the way)
    4- Directory listing
    5- Dofollow and nofollow backlinks i have;
    6- Categories has unique descriptions on page but main category page don't have yet but working on it and they will have around 600 word description
    7- Every page, catogories has unique meta title and meta description and keywords.

Google crawling my site every a few days but still no success with my targeted keywords. Any idea what else can i do or what am i missing?

Thanks
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Nothing you've mentioned includes proper link building.

Why does your site deserve to rank? Do you have great content?
    Why would Google rank your site over others with great and powerful links?

What type of links do you have? What's your URL?
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

All my contents (articles) are unique and also ones i have published on hubpages are featured because of high quality of it. Also what do you mean by proper link building ? Can you explain more please? By bloging and directory submitting on high ranked sites does it not proper link building? If not what else should i do? For my site url please check your pm.

Thanks
  7. SEO Consultant

No.

Get natural exclusive links. If anybody can gain a link you have, odds are, it's not worth much.

Guest blogging is OK, I guess - it still helps. Blog comments/directory submissions are useless now on any even slightly competitive keyword.

You need authority. You need trust. You need quality, relevant links. Links from sites like this: Every Place I Sell - Free online merchant directory for ecommerce shopping! aren't helping any.

I would also rework your onpage SEO, too. You have some work to do.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

what kind of work can i do on onpage SEO? Do you mean change all meta desc and content? Any sample of site to use for backlink?
  11. SEO Consultant

A sample site would be a relevant site that offers a user a benefit for clicking your link. Perhaps an IT shop you could 'sponsor' and ask them to put "products provided by YOUR COMPANY" as a link?

It's not difficult. You just need a plan and some creative thinking.

Your HTML code could use work, compression and your title tags could be updated. I don't like some of the alt/desc texts and overall, from a UX your site could use an update - no offense.

I highly suggest reading up on the Googles SEO Starter Guide PDF to study and then ask more specific question to your particular environment and situation.

Comments on this post

• tstolber agrees : Listen to this man!
  13. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

It just takes time with google. Build backlinks slowly and naturally and preferably with a high page rank.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for help and advice i have 1 more question and i think this is the main question usually been asked for meta title and meta description. How many keyword should i use on meta title and meta description total? I am planning to use 3 different keyword total. Is it good idea or should i use 2 only?
  17. SEO Consultant

I personally target, assuming the page can support the relevancy - about 2-3 terms per page. Sometimes I can get a page ranked for 10+ keywords - but it depends on your keywords, competition and the page structure.
  19. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hi. There are various factors that can influence the ranking of your keywords. It depends whhat kind of KWs you are using, depends on strong competitors you have, and they are just some of the factors that influence your ranking.
    Also it depends on what kind of KW you use. If they are very generic it will be very difficult to rank on the 1st of results.
    The content of the website is equally important the new algorithm of google.
    My advice is to focus on more targeted KWs, depending on the product/services of your website.
    I hope that this helps :-)
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have 15 fresh blog about some of product reviewed and each blog has my targeted keywords for anchor text backlinking if I use 8 of them in 4 different blogging sites ( hubpages, squidoo, xanga and goarticles) and other 7 is on my own blog page (subdomain) in over 6 weeks period is it good idea? Or what is the best way to use them for link building? Any recomendations?