Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Simply put, Yes.

Penguin is a very sophisticated beast.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by KnowOneSpecial
    Simply put, Yes.

Penguin is a very sophisticated beast.
    Also the thing I wanted to ask about is the homepage as mentioned earlier does not rank for the main keywords, however, if we change something on the page and re-submit in WMT, it starts to show up around position 70-80 but only stays for a few hrs and vanishes again. Have you guys seen this behavior before?
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I am just going to state an opinion. It's about how Penguin works, it's just opinion only, probably the only one that thinks like this.

Penguin has the ability to categorize a site. I mean with some real serious accuracy. Now the AI that powers that beast, I believe can decide (with great accuracy), if Site A should in any way link out to Site B. I also believe when it decides a link is inappropriate, for what every reason, it devalues its' value to you and devalues the PR of the Site providing the link.

I also think Penguin can look at a site categorize it, and can apparently determine if a site should have 3 million inbound links. They have a unique database of how links have been acquired by honest acquisition methods (earned) and manipulative methods for the serps.. Combine that with identifying link building methods, and I am meaning anything to move the serp needle. Now for example, ask why should a university being linking out to a site like your's, really what is intent? I think the Penguin understands that better than most will give it credit for on a link by link basis. We know it punishes for over-use with link anchors.

If recaptcha can determine if you;re a human or not, then Penguin probably can understand the intent of an inbound link pretty damn accurately. Also Penguin is now part of the Algo. So remember it's real time.

Like I said earlier, just my opinion of possibly how some of Penguin's mysterious internal workings work.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Jul 28th, 2017 at 08:36 AM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have removed most of those 3.2M links that looked spamy and disavowed over 100 directories with high spam score, lets see how things go from here.
    Last edited by SEOLadder; Jul 31st, 2017 at 10:48 AM.
  9. No Profile Picture

I see most of you are talking/sharing relevant info that I actually wanted to ask...

so my question is...my website has some of ranking parameters which are better than few of my competitors parameter but still my website is not ranking good on Google.

Thanks.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: