1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Home Page Not Showing for Keyphrase

Ok, so I have been doing SEO for awhile now and usually don't have a problem getting a page ranked, may not rank first page, but usually I can get it up there and consitantly moving up. Well, I have the homepage of one of my sites targeting "how to make soy candles". So far, every single one of my pages of my site are ranked somewhere even though they aren't targeting that phrase. My homepage however was nowhere to be found except occassionally I might see it on the very last page of search results like page 86 or so. Last week, it actually finally showed up a few pages higher, page 85 and then moved up a page each day until it hit page 81. I was excited that maybe I had fixed the problem! Well, the last two days the homepage has dropped off the radar again and cannot be found. It is indexed and shows up for "homemade soy candles" on the first page.

Now, I realize that how to make soy candles is a more competetive phrase, but, why would all my other pages of that site rank higher, one of the pages ranking on page 11, yet the homepage not rank at all???

I should say that I just changed the title to "How to make soy candles-simple soy candle making instructions"

when it used to be "How to make soy candles for hobby or business-homemade candle creations candle making resource"

I'm going nuts trying to figure this out!

here is the site learnhowtomakesoycandles . com

Any SEO tips or if you see a problem with it or have ideas, please let me know! Thanks!
    Last edited by hallartistry; Nov 29th, 2012 at 11:43 PM.
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

What do you get when you search your old title?

ya got enough google ad's on there?