Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

highest page rank now - still bad possition after Florida

Google recounted my page rank two weeks ago. Now I have page rank 7 the highest in the branch. Before Florida I had page rank 6 but have been always under the best 3 results for my most important key words. Now I am around 15th place. After Florida update I have tried to find a new simply strategy to came back and totally changed the construction and the content for my most important sites. I switched the sites two weeks ago. They were cashed 4 days ago but no shift in the serps. I thing that it takes more time to come back and that the big shift in the SERPS will happen after a new dance but I just want to be sure that there is everything on my site O.K. for this dance. If you have some ideas or find some problems on my site thank you in advance for you advice.

Simillar sites to the old version can you find under :http://www.prague.st
    The new version of my sites may you find under:
    http://www.prague.hotels.ly
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Your Robots tage should be < index,follow > Also when this is live I wouldn't link it to prague.st. You should try to avoid interlinking sites as much as possible.

-PK
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thank you for you promt reply. I have already changed the robots tage. Do you realy thing that cross-linking could be that dangerous? I have many domains. Every domain has ist own content and all of them are crosslinked. If I would have to change it, it would take a lot of work and time.

Thank you.

Pavel
  7. Contributing User

If you read up on some other threads on this board you'll get the answer about cross-linking. Is it dangerous??

VERY and is a big reason to get penalized. Cross-linking in the past was a great way to boost your PR. Now it's one of the first reasons Google sees that trigger the florida filter.

The work and time will be well worth it.

-PK
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

All domains to whem I am linking from www.prague.hotels.ly are third-level domains from www.prague.st .

What about remove, all these links from the main page, but keep the links from another domais sites to this page?

Is playing an IP adress of my domains any role?

There are more then 1000 pages on different domains I am webmastering. Is there any secure linking structure that would not be penalized? Every page has its own content and unique. I never have never been penalized before Florida.
  11. Contributing User

Well this isn't "before Florida" is it?? Google is cracking down on sites that interlink now. I would keep all pages on one domain and not link between them.

One: Same IP
    Two: Reciprocal links
    Three: Both domains belong to same owner (assuming)

All penalty factors. Before Florida Google didn't care. Now it does. You should only link out if it is completely necessary other than that avoid it. Especially on every page.

-PK
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

All your suggestions seem to be right. After short examination I found that at least for my branch are your suggestion very good for at least 80% cases. Sites with low interlinking and big number of links from own domain sites are very high now. Sites that undertook the importance of reciprocal linking and had very bad positions in the SERPS are back on the top for the most important key words. Sites that have big number of generated PHP sites and were newer before on the top are now dominating in the SERPS.

Thank you very much for your help. The Christmas without work are gone for me now.
  15. Contributing User

e-climb,
    There are more factors than just reciprocal links and interlinking schemes. Age, PR, sites you link to (dont link to banned site) and SEO also affect the SERPs. Dont overdo your keywords and try to use stemming keywords too.

ex: hotel, hotels, resort and so on.

Best of luck!

-PK
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Last questions. The golder rule of Google was that inkoming links can not hurt you. Is still this rule working or Google changed this rule after Florida too?
  19. Contributing User

Incoming links still can't hurt you and I dont think they every will. Just dont use very keyword heavy anchor text. Also make sure it's not from a site you own as it will turn into a interlink/crosslink.

-PK
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thank you very much. I have to go sleep now. We have night now in Prague. I would be very happy to chat with you tomorrow again.

Good night.

Pavel
  23. web designer
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally posted by pk_synths
    Also make sure it's not from a site you own as it will turn into a interlink/crosslink.
    clarification:
    ownership is not a problem directly. i doubt if google is looking up who-is records....these could easily be manipulated anyway.

it seems to have to do with signals to google that there is more than a simple friendly relationship between two sites. for example....every page of site 1 linking to one or all pages of site 2 and site 1 linking extensively to site 2. this is telling google something abnormal is going on.

the other speculated danger signal is several sites under the same ip address very tightly linked together. [reciprocal linking.]

the exact linking criteria that goes 'over the line' is still anyones guess. but caution is recommended with these off-page factors.
  25. No Profile Picture

Originally posted by pk_synths

One: Same IP
    Two: Reciprocal links
    Three: Both domains belong to same owner (assuming)
    One: may i need to buy different ip numbers to solve ?

Two: how to solve it ? Making something like a link b .. b link c and c link a ?

Three: may i need to change all domains informations ?
    I think .. google don't do this operation.
  27. Give me Backlinks
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally posted by relaxzoolander
    clarification:
    ownership is not a problem directly. i doubt if google is looking up who-is records....these could easily be manipulated anyway.

it seems to have to do with signals to google that there is more than a simple friendly relationship between two sites. for example....every page of site 1 linking to one or all pages of site 2 and site 1 linking extensively to site 2. this is telling google something abnormal is going on.

the other speculated danger signal is several sites under the same ip address very tightly linked together. [reciprocal linking.]

the exact linking criteria that goes 'over the line' is still anyones guess. but caution is recommended with these off-page factors.
    Or may be you can interlink your own sites even extensively (my guess) provided that your sites have the acceptable ratio of outgoing and incoming links to your sites. I mean, if you have site A, B, C interlinking to each other, then the sites must have a good number of incoming links and outgoing links from other sites than our own, so that your sites don't look like a link farm, that is- created just to link to to each-other.

I am not very sure about this, but one of my 6 heavily interlinked sites got penalized because it didn't have significant number of incoming links from other domains than my own. The other five sites are doing pretty well in serps because of an acceptable ratio of links to and from varied domains.

Any thoughts? I am trying to figure out the reason so that I can work accordingly.
  29. Contributing User

More like crosslinking scheme. Reciprocal linking usually deals with seperate sites with seperate owners on seperate servers and ips. Most webmasters stick with a host therefore have the same ip addresses.

It's been rumored that Google can look up this info and associate multiple sites with a single owner. But still a rumor.

Or may be you can interlink your own sites even extensively (my guess) provided that your sites have the acceptable ratio of outgoing and incoming links to your sites.
    I think the ratio is a smart guess as it makes the most sense. Explains why sites like SEOChat aren't banned. The backlinks from varied sites make this a popular site no matter how many subdomains and crosslinking is going on. Each site has it's own set of backlinks and they dont share a theme. The crosslinking is done for navigation and not some PR sharing scheme.

Take 3 sites that are cross linked and each share numerous backlinks. Plus more outgoing links than incoming links.

Take the same sites with 10000 backlinks coming in from various theme related websites with the same amount of crosslinking.

Who would you think is stealing PR?

-PK
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: