1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

High ranked home page and low ranked linkpage

If a homepage of any website is PR 6, yet the link page is a merely PR 1. Does it mean that the link to such a site is an advantage or disadvantage given my web PR 3?

Thanks
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I think it's a disadvantage. The ideal case is when you both offer PR3.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Only the PR of the page containing your link is important. It doesn't matter what the other pages on the site have.

If it is a link page with lots of other links, a PR1 will do even less (if anything at all) to benefit your site.
  7. Disregard Logic, Be Happy

not sure I'm following you correctly, but linking to a page isn't how you're going to gain a benefit (unless that will get them to link back to you). if you want benefit, try to get that PR6 homepage link, especially if it's on topic with your site. if you're linking to their lowly link page (why would you want to do this anyway), in general, they would be the better off from it in this case based on the PRs you have given.
    The Source of All Things Must Be Understood.
  9. rubik's cube - 34 secs

Originally Posted by bombastizz
    If a homepage of any website is PR 6, yet the link page is a merely PR 1. Does it mean that the link to such a site is an advantage or disadvantage given my web PR 3?

Thanks

bombastizz,

Dont get hung up on PR when looking for links to your site.
    Make sure that you are getting good quality links from simular themed sites as yours, then its simply the case of putting in the work to get loads and loads of them.

Its relevant links - from as many different IP's as you can

Dont worry about the PR of the page. Apart from PR just being this weird green thing us lot talk about all day - I dont think even Google knows what its for..

This is just my personal view, but the below (all things done correctly) is quite true.

Scenario:

Site A:
    500 links facing their site with their target keyword in the text. PR of those pages linking to them range from PR3-PR5.
    Allinanchor postion for their keyword - 20th

Site B:
    1,000 links facing their site targetting the same keyword as ''Site A''. PR of those pages linking to them range from PR WHATEVER..
    Allinanchor postion for that keyword - number 1

Site B will (SHOULD) blow Site A out of the water when it comes to those beautiful top 10 spots.
    Last edited by marcO; Jun 25th, 2005 at 02:35 PM.
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

what is a link farm?

Thanks for the informative & constructive comments.

Wouldnt it be classified as a link farm if I have 1000 back links, or I am I getting it wrong?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo