1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hi, What to do to improve and get visitors.

Hello, I am new in this forum, and also new in the whole website building department, trying to learn and get better, I've created my first ever website, and did learn a bit about SEO.

I've noticed that I hardly ever get a visitor into my website with all the things I've learned, I don't know where exactly I could improve or work on, hence I am asking here to get ideas of what to work on from here.

It's a site for mothers on how to take care of their newborns, I'm currently working on my 2nd website just because I have an idea, I know that my 1st website needs lots of improvements, I'm not done with it, I'll be adding mroe content and what not, but in terms of SEO and how to bring visitors what do you think I have done wrong?

Reason I ask here to get some criticism and ideas , other than adding new content which I will do, what I should do from here, because I honestly don't know, thanks.

edit: I couldn't post my URL Website, if any1 can help me, pm me please, thanks.
  3. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Hi.

At the moment: site reviews are only available to members with more than 30 posts. Dunno why, but that's how it is

However, without looking at your website: how many OTHER websites are linking to yours right now?
    ...Hey you! FREE SEO report card ...I really my hosting company...
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by dzine
    Hi.

At the moment: site reviews are only available to members with more than 30 posts. Dunno why, but that's how it is

However, without looking at your website: how many OTHER websites are linking to yours right now?
    How can I check on that ? I'm not sure to be honest with you
  7. SEO Insultant

Well: it takes a VERY good website to get people to link to it spontaneously.

So, if you haven't made sure in some way or another that other sites are linking to yours, chances are that you're not doing all that well in the 'link popularity' department.

You have to know that apart from optimising your own website content and code (= "onsite SEO") you really have to get people to link to you (= "offsite SEO").

Be sure to read many forum posts here: people are talking about offsite SEO all the time Not all of these people are making perfect sense, but still
  9. No Profile Picture

Well: it takes a VERY good website to get people to link to it spontaneously.

So, if you haven't made sure in some way or another that other sites are linking to yours, chances are that you're not doing all that well in the 'link popularity' department.

You have to know that apart from optimising your own website content and code (= "onsite SEO") you really have to get people to link to you (= "offsite SEO").

Be sure to read many forum posts here: people are talking about offsite SEO all the time Not all of these people are making perfect sense, but still
    ok thanks will read about offsite SEO, but what about onsite SEO how can I know that my work is good? can i pm you for giving me some pointers?

apparentely i can't pm you either
  11. SEO Insultant

P.S.: Lots of people call it offpage instead of offsite (in case you choose to do a forum search).

And please post your questions on the public forums:
    1) I am not for hire
    2) Esp. not for $0 LOL
    3) Lots of other people here can and will offer advice. Some may even contradict my views. Keep an open mind and get a 2nd, 3rd, ... opinion.

P.P.S.: people with less than 10 (?) posts cannot PM. This was done for a good reason (= other people, lots of them even, who like to PM spam forum members). There's another reason to keep things public. This thread is as good a place as any to ask questions and to get more info
    Last edited by dzine; Nov 17th, 2012 at 10:18 AM.
  13. No Profile Picture

P.S.: Lots of people call it offpage instead of offsite (in case you choose to do a forum search).

And please post your questions on the public forums:
    1) I am not for hire
    2) Esp. not for $0 LOL
    3) Lots of other people here can and will offer advice. Some may even contradict my views. Keep an open mind and get a 2nd, 3rd, ... opinion.
    alright thanks.

I just learned from a site called ismysiteindexed that.

Your site does not appear to be indexed in Google.

Your site does not appear to be indexed in Yahoo.

Your site does not appear to be indexed in Bing.

lol, how bad is that?
  15. SEO Insultant

Ouch

Like I said: you really NEED inbound links from other websites. You could start w/ getting free links from free web directories, but nowadays you'll need to do better than that.
  17. No Profile Picture

Social Media

One good way to develop interest in your website is through social media. Participate online in related areas like blog comments and Facebook. You should be able to find a lot of related material for your subject. Best of all, it doesn't cost anything for you to develop traffic this way. It will just take your time.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo