1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question help please advice needed

I am a photographer and my current site has a rotating header - however my galleries have stand still images on pages and a description about that page written on it to help optimize SEO.

I have a new template design and it only allows for galleries to be in rotating headers... therefor I would have to go without the "page" and insert a gallery. I am wondering how much weight the actual wording on these pages holds. OR if I can keep the pages published, not linked to the menu, and then have the rotating galleries attached to the menu.

Hopefully this makes sense. I have been looking everywhere trying to figure out title/caption/alt text/description. I have been putting in -

title - Raleigh maternity photographer

Caption - blank

Alt - Raleigh maternity photographer, Maternity Portraits, pregnancy photos

Description - Maternity shoot in Raleigh NC photos taken by Nicola Lane Photography

clearly this changes a little with each image post as I am targeting different cities.. I am reading conflicting information on using the title in the alt/ and targeting words that describe the image and stay focused on the topic.. So hopefully that is a good example.. I am open to any suggestions or advice.

Thank you again as always - me.

NOTE this is just for the image description NOT the page/post title.. ONLY image
    Last edited by Nicolalane; Jan 27th, 2018 at 05:50 PM. Reason: add on
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I am not too sure why it is you cannot add static images? I understand your site's template is designed with rotating galleries, but surely you can add static images within the page too?

Having content / text to describe the images would hold far more weight than with out. Remember Google is far better at understanding text than it is images. In fact, if you look at ecommerce websites that have category pages, people with SEO knowledge will write some words to describe the category page because these pages tend to just be images. The text is put there to help Google better understand the page.

I would add text
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by apmdesigns
    I am not too sure why it is you cannot add static images? I understand your site's template is designed with rotating galleries, but surely you can add static images within the page too?

Having content / text to describe the images would hold far more weight than with out. Remember Google is far better at understanding text than it is images. In fact, if you look at ecommerce websites that have category pages, people with SEO knowledge will write some words to describe the category page because these pages tend to just be images. The text is put there to help Google better understand the page.

I would add text

Thank you! I do make sure that each image is used to optimize with title alt tag and description. Iím careful about filling out my data on the images I think Iím doing it right. Sure hope so!