Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Sorry to keep bothering you all but for one of our key search terms "Car Recovery Birmingham" I am being outranked significantly.

Firstly, why is the main webpage not being indexed?
    Second, it appears as though the domain URL is the most important thing?
  3. No Profile Picture

Hello Friends,
    The best way to find the company hosting your website is to find out who you are paying. You may want to search through your email or bank statements for keywords such as hosting.To be honest, the search results seem to vary considerably.
    Nice to meet you,
    Thanks,
    Last edited by arnurnaakala; Oct 30th, 2012 at 07:30 AM.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Google Updated SEO Algorithm recently. May be your site affected by recent updates(Exact Match Domain).

https://twitter.com/mattcutts/status/251789327691042816
  7. No Profile Picture

The problem is those other sites (possibly with the exception of the directory) don't even have decent site structures or links.

I am at a loss as to why Google is not indexing our homepage and why we are being outranked so much.
  9. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by mc_blue
    The problem is those other sites (possibly with the exception of the directory) don't even have decent site structures or links.

I am at a loss as to why Google is not indexing our homepage and why we are being outranked so much.
    Your site is beeches?

For car recovery birmingham you're third.. that's not so terrible?.

And your homepage is indexed.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  11. No Profile Picture

Hi yes, but it always used to be first. In addition, I'm at a loss as to why that other site in number one. What does it have over mine except the URL?
  13. justificational oblivion
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I checked out [car recovery birmingham] on google.co.uk ...you're showing up at number 3 for me behind www.carrecoverybirmingham.com and www.yell.com/s/breakdown+recovery-birmingham.html.

Some onpage thoughts:

Title tag: Your title tag is overoptimized with three instances of [recovery]. I would change it to something like
    "Car Recovery Birmingham | Beeches Vehicle Recovery - 24 Hour Service" which includes your brand and fits into the SERP, and includes the two main phrase variations you seem to be going after, you can play with this a little more if you wnat the keyword focus beyond these two phrases.

Meta Description: Improve this for higher CTR...it can help

Content: I would give the content a very low score here. Add a couple hundred words of text and optimize for a primary phrase and a couple variations, don't be too aggressive though, you don't want to have crazy keyword densities for any particular keyword on the page that may look unnatural

Internal Linking: Improve internal linking to this page. Not enough time to go into detail on this but it is an area of opportunity.

Backlinks: I checked backlinks for the EMD (exact match domain) competitor your reference: they have 8 backlinks in ahrefs and 1 in moz. You may be able to do some damage with just solid onpage move on this....this is a *very* low competition phrase

Originally Posted by mc_blue
    Hi all, I've done very basic SEO myself for many years. The key words I have optimised have not been that competitive before so I have enjoyed good results on Google.

However, recently for the term Car Recovery Birmingham, I am often below another website called carrecoverybirmingham. With the exception of the URL and keyword spamming, I am not entirely sure why it should be above my company website, which has a much bigger structure and more links as well as relevant content (all IMO).

Could do with some pointers if possible. Looking at this competitor's website, maybe I should just spam the key term?
  15. No Profile Picture

It has got worse! I'm thinking of doing a new site or paying for Adwords?!
  17. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Pay for a professional who knows what they're doing.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  19. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

why pay for adwords? use that money and get your site firing on all cylinders.

What do you mean by..it's getting worse?

added:
    Took a quick look at the site and your on-page is terrible, it's no wonder your ranking is down or it's gotten worse.
    Sorry to be so blunt.
    Last edited by Test-ok; Dec 12th, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
  21. No Profile Picture

That's fine I'd rather you were blunt but I need advice.

Comments on this post

• dzine agrees : That is a good attitude :) I like that
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: